X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer giving up.

Techone Thunder 180 with Skywalker ESC. JR 12x transmitter. Spektrum AR6110 receiver. Before reading any further, this setup does work and will bind (under normal circumstances) between the transmitter and receiver. How do I know this? Because it did bind ONCE, then I got stuck.
    Did everything I was supposed to do. Now it will not bind. Tired of screwing with it. Will put in classifieds if they have one here or send me a PM. Will ship within reasonable distance. I am in Memphis TN.

Which item are you giving up on? The receiver or transmitter?

Comment

First of all the JR 12x transmitter seems to a pretty advanced radio that is like 9 years old that has been discontinued. It is supposed to be compatible with all Spectrum receivers but I am not sure how compatible it is with the new receivers.
      It would be shame to throw in the towel so soon just because of a bad radio set up. Most people give up after crashing several planes. lol

Comment

I had the X9303 and used it with DSM2. I sent it in fr the DSMX upgrade. That is from the time of the 12X, so it may or may not do DSMX, but DSMX RXs will bind DSM2 mode.

You can force the Spektrum Gen2 DX-18 to bind in DSM2 mode with DSMX receivers. (not sure why you would want to... but you can)

Lots of reasons for bind failure. A common one is trying to bind while too close to 2.4 ghz computer peripherals. (many wireless keyboards, mice, WiFi...) Try taking it to the front yard at least 20 ft from any house.

I have to turn of some computer equipment in my house to bind in the house.

I think he's giving up on the 12X, not on flying.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I've also had issues being too close to the receiver. Have your transmitter at least 6-8 ft from the receiver when you bind. It doesn't happen all the time but usually solves things if I have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jigeye View Post
            Techone Thunder 180 with Skywalker ESC. JR 12x transmitter. Spektrum AR6110 receiver. Before reading any further, this setup does work and will bind (under normal circumstances) between the transmitter and receiver. How do I know this? Because it did bind ONCE, then I got stuck.
            Did everything I was supposed to do. Now it will not bind. Tired of screwing with it. Will put in classifieds if they have one here or send me a PM. Will ship within reasonable distance. I am in Memphis TN.
            The JR 12 can come DSM2 or DSMX if you have a late model its going to be the DSMX and will work with any of the Spektrum stuff.

Comment

Thats the problem when people buy the wrong stuff, Best to find a club in your area and ask questions, at my field we will tell you what is a great beginner plane and also help you set it up and teach you to fly

Comment

Working...
              X