X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR&EXPO on eFlite Cirrus and AT-6

To date, I've only flown my Apprentice on my DX9 in Experienced mode, no DR or Expo. I recently got the eFlite BNF Cirrus and AT-6 with AS3x and Safe Select. I set up and bound both planes on the DX9 with Safe Select assigned to a switch to turn on and off, understanding that AS3x is always running. I also set up DR at 100% high and 70% low as per the manual for each plane, but did not set up Expo. Although I understand the concept of Expo and realize the settings are a matter of personal taste and can always be changed, I have no experience using it. What I'm looking for is some suggestions as to initial Expo settings for these 2 planes for the maidens. Like many, I have some trepidation and uncertainty about that with which I'm not familiar. Thanks to all for the help

Everyone's going to have a different preference for expo. Personally, the higher the rate, the more expo I want and as you lower the rate, I go lower expo. If you want to try expo, then try 30% - 35% expo at 100% rate and drop that to 20% - 25% expo for 70%. See how you like it and adjust accordingly. To get an idea of what expo does, look closely at the graph that gets generated on your screen as you change expo. No expo should be a graph that's linear (ie, a straight line that is at 45 degrees). Move the stick and see how the output changes on the graph. That's what the control surface is doing. Now, go to an extreme just so you can see the difference. Dial in 50% expo and work the stick and see what the output does on the graph. That should give you some idea of how "expo" numbs the response near center. For any given movement of the stick, you should see a corresponding movement of the output on the graph. That's the best way to visualize what's going on.
    By the way, the Cirrus can't be flown at too low throttle (airspeed) or it will drop a wing and spiral. It needs some throttle when landing and when doing high bank turns. Mine prefers to land with NO flaps. Flaps only make it slow down too much and one wing stops lifting, requiring you to use even more throttle to prevent a bad landing.

Comment

Working...
    X