X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey ALPHA, WHAT'S NEXT???

Hoping to get Alpha to have him give us a idea as to what's next, prop or jet and what kind of time frame. I know you guys at Freewing and Flightline have been working hard to get us the latest releases of the L-39, the F-22, the repainted F-4 and the two new Corsairs.
    I for one would like to know if you could at least say if the next release is going to be a jet or prop plane and when do you expect this to happen, spring, summer fall of this year? I know you don't want to say which one or start a clue thread, but what can you say???

See this post by alpha:

The short version:

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    But as for my part, I don't plan on giving any more public peeks behind my Dev curtain anytime soon. Too much gets lost in translation. The proverbial "football", as James put it. Perhaps it's easier just to let speculation run its course, independent of my input. I'll simply say, as I've always said to the question of "What's coming next?": Everything is coming, eventually, as long as we're here. But our being here is contingent on us earning customer's support with the products we sell today, not two years from now.

Comment

:Confused: See the original thread called "What's next Alpha?" which has been around since June 2017.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I STRONGLY believe that we should not bother Alpha until AFTER February 5th. That's the day that China effectively shuts down for a month, and Alpha's got numerous flocks of ducks to get into a row prior to that.

Comment

Just wondering if we are to see any new releases in 2019, as we were told of up coming ones last year. I just feel it would be nice to hear a short out look statement for 2019, with out getting into exact dates or model releases. It was a major accomplishment for MRC to have the releases they did last year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
            Just wondering if we are to see any new releases in 2019, as we were told of up coming ones last year. I just feel it would be nice to hear a short out look statement for 2019, with out getting into exact dates or model releases. It was a major accomplishment for MRC to have the releases they did last year!!!
            But where's the fun in that? There are forces at work here that we are not privy to that are being brought to bear against MRC and they are trying to avoid a repeat of the problems they are having with the RotorScale
            line and the heat and discontent that has been brought up by improperly timed guessing games. The best way of an example I can give is attached, with the impatient being represented by Rex Harrison and Alpha being represented by Charlton Heston:

Comment

Well I guess we wait and see, and enjoy what we have NOW.

ENOUGH SAID!!!!
              e

Comment

Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
                I would expect 2020 to be of no disappointment. I'm worried I'm going to need a bigger basement...

Comment

Whats next everyone is asking, higher prices thats what, sure glad I bought my 90mm Thunder Bird F-16 ARF kit for $359 a week ago, $80 price increase for an ARF kit $439 now??.:Angry::P:)

Comment

Wow, just had a look at prices, glad I got my F-16 ARF at the lower price too.

Comment

Looks like the tariffs have finally hit us.

Comment

Motion had a big post on Facebook, it wasn't due to the tariffs. Either way, these are amazing models for the price and I've got several on my list to buy asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax Quad View Post
                          Motion had a big post on Facebook, it wasn't due to the tariffs. Either way, these are amazing models for the price and I've got several on my list to buy asap.
                          Couldn't find it (not a Facebook person). So what WAS the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Couldn't find it (not a Facebook person). So what WAS the reason?
                            "Hey guys, obviously the price hikes were the talk of the town the other day. I removed all the posts regarding the matter and even our response as the comments sections started to divulge into all sorts of stuff that doesn't help anyone. Lot's of name calling, politics and other things that don't need to be discussed in an RC group and that violates rule #2 (let's be nice to each other).

Now with regards to the price hikes: Obviously we are a small but growing business that is now just over 6 years old. In that time our prices have remained relatively still for the customer, but with each passing year, costs have risen steadily behind the retail price and we "ate" most, if not all, of that for lack of a better term. Believe me, tariffs aren't the main reason, just a minor one. But costs have risen for our suppliers and the supplier's suppliers and it got to a point where in order to keep delivering the level of service our customers have come to expect and deliver the highest quality RC products we can, retail prices had to rise.

We can't apologize for that as business is business, but we will 100% recognize that not giving everyone a heads up wasn't a good idea in the slightest and for that we wholeheartedly apologize. That was a silly mistake that we wish we could have back (like taking off with reversed ailerons). Raising prices for your customers is never an easy option for any business and we empathize with everyone who got a bit shocked the other day. Again, we are truly sorry.

A good many of you in this group know a good number of our staff members (on a first name basis probably) and know that we absolutely love RC from the top to the bottom. Our company was started by two RC pilots who thought they could make a change in the RC community (we like to believe we have for the better) and we will continue to innovate, grow and fly RC because we couldn't imagine a life without it. We hope people wouldn't believe we raised prices for greed or anything nefarious. It's just a business decision that had to happen.

In closing, I will leave this post up hoping the comments don't get out of hand, but will remove any other posts regarding the matter. Keep it contained here, please. We just want everyone to enjoy the hobby regardless of what airplanes you buy to fly or from who. We just want the hobby to continue well into the future and 2019 is going to be another big year with a lot of exciting new releases that we think people will love.

Happy flying! - Motion RC"

Comment

I think I'm still in shock...:) $80 price increase on some of the kits overnight, I could see raising the prices up slowly over the next few months, that would have made it not look so bad, some of us will pout and suck our thumb for a little bit but once we get over it we will come crawling back, I did get me a Mig on sale before the price goes ballistic.............:Silly:LOL

Please fire the person who didn't warn us of this price increase before we coud buy them at the cheaper prices.....:Thinking::)

Oh, I don't do facehook, I mean facebook so I don't know what is being said on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

with each passing year, costs have risen steadily behind the retail price and we "ate" most, if not all, of that for lack of a better term.

That was an error. Better to raise prices when necessary, IMHO. Smaller, more frequent price increases might be more palatable.
                                we will 100% recognize that not giving everyone a heads up wasn't a good idea in the slightest and for that we wholeheartedly apologize.

Yes,a heads up and a bit of an explanation would have gone a long way to quell customer ire.
                                It's just a business decision that had to happen.

Anybody with a brain understands that, I hope.
                                We just want everyone to enjoy the hobby regardless of what airplanes you buy to fly or from who. We just want the hobby to continue well into the future and 2019 is going to be another big year with a lot of exciting new releases that we think people will love.

Happy flying! - Motion RC"
                                While I haven't bought a ton of items from MRC, I've appreciated the way you do business. Thanks for making such good products available to us with such good customer service and may you have continued success.

Now, how about that 80 to 90 mm T-33? OK, I'll even take a 64 or 70 mm one. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X