You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to all the guys at Motion RC! Man, I hope all you guys are doing great things!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all the guys at Motion RC! Man, I hope all you guys are doing great things!

Hi guys, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I miss working with you all. It was a great learning experience! Alpha, Todd, Martin, Wayne, Tom, Mark. Brian, Mike. I know I left someone out, but I suffer from alhiemers. Sorry, If I left you out. I hope, Brad! I knew it would come to me. I hope you all are doing fantastic. On a serious note, it does suck to be diagnosed early stages. I have a long way to go. I pray all of you are enjoying the RC sport.

Hey Matt, glad to see you still around from time-to-time! Are you serious about an Alzheimer's diagnosis??!!? :Crying:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Yeah, it's scary but there are things I can do to prolong the symtoms. Early stages, so I'm going to stay positive and follow my plan. I guess eventually it may change things but I'm strong. I'll do what the doctors tells me to do. I know, it's scary for others to hear, but I'd rather people just pray. I'll be okay with it. So far I'm still here, at least I think I am. lol

Comment

Wow I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis Matt. Prayers sent! I hope with early detection, age and the continuous improvements of medicine and care combating that disease will all conspire to see you live a happy, healthy and productive life for decades to come!
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Wow I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis Matt. Prayers sent! I hope with early detection, age and the continuous improvements of medicine and care combating that disease will all conspire to see you live a happy, healthy and productive life for decades to come!
          So far so good, At times I have my moments. The brain is the craziest and least understood part of the body. I'm sure in the next decade better understanding will come. On a lighter note, I still have some of my older aircraft. The Corsair, Mustang and cessna. They are fun to fly, but, they need some work. Landing gear etc... Cheers!

Comment

Get out there and fly! It's therapeutic! :Cool:
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hey great to hear from you Matt, but sad to hear of your diagnosis. My prayers go out to you. Keep flying, and fighting. That's what I intend to do. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I know fellows who are struggling with health issues in our club. I'm determined to pursue my passion until I absolutely can't. Then I'll go and watch!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                Get out there and fly! It's therapeutic! :Cool:
                Absolutely Todd. I'm actually doing quite well now. Off the pain killers from the accident on my dirt bike. My God, looking back. I wonder how I was even functional, especially in Customer Service! Yikes! I have to admit, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tom was 100% accurate to remove me from my duties. I wished, I would have been more honest though. I feel like I let a lot of people down. Sorry for that, I always wished. I'd be able to continue. Now, I have nerve damage all this crud gets difficult to deal with. I'm cool with being open. So some of my favorite customers from the past will know what happened. Hope to fly soon. I'm almost there! Yeah-hoo!

Comment

Hey Matt, glad to hear from ya brother! Really glad to hear you are off those meds...They can mess anyone up in a hurry. Have you been flying at all? Staying safe I hope in this COVID madness? Stay in touch!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Hey Matt, glad to hear from ya brother! Really glad to hear you are off those meds...They can mess anyone up in a hurry. Have you been flying at all? Staying safe I hope in this COVID madness? Stay in touch!
                    Yeah, I'm getting ready to fly the E-flight Apprentice with safe. I'll start off slow, to get my orientation to flying RC again. I've purchased 4 new aircraft in the last few weeks. I can't wait! The Motorcycle Idea unfortunately was a bad idea. I'm not 20 years old anymore. Ha! I wish... Great to hear from you as well. I hope you are okay, with all this Covid!!! Being right there at the epicenter of it all. Be safe as well Brother. I will stay in touch.

Comment

Hey Matt, great to hear you're doing better! We've been battling our own life problems here as well as Mrs. Gman was diagnosed with breast cancer. Had to rush her to Emergency a couple of weeks ago and we found she had a lot of fluid around her heart. Off to Billings MT to have it drained. Now, we're trying to get her over this persistent cough which seems to be some kind of flu, but they've determined its not Covid, thank God for that!
                      Then back to the final round of Chemo.
                      Hang in there and get back in the air! Can't wait 'til Spring (one more month) to fly again, we finally got our Winter blast, we hit minus 36 so that will kill off a lot of bug larva and a fair amount of snow which will mean no water restrictions, there's always a bright side.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Hey Matt, great to hear you're doing better! We've been battling our own life problems here as well as Mrs. Gman was diagnosed with breast cancer. Had to rush her to Emergency a couple of weeks ago and we found she had a lot of fluid around her heart. Off to Billings MT to have it drained. Now, we're trying to get her over this persistent cough which seems to be some kind of flu, but they've determined its not Covid, thank God for that!
                        Hang in there and get back in the air! Can't wait 'til Spring (one more month) to fly again, we finally got our Winter blast, we hit minus 36 so that will kill off a lot of bug larva and a fair amount of snow which will mean no water restrictions, there's always a bright side.

Grossman56
                        Thank you, Sir. Yes, I really had gotten "Stuck" in dumb for a while there. Life is super wonderful now, I'm back to a great job. I'll say a prayer for Mrs. Gman; I'm sorrowed to hear that a health issue is involved. The doctors nowadays sure can work miracles, I pray she will have a Full Recovery! Keep in touch! Love to see some new projects. God Bless!

Comment

Glad to hear your doing better Matt, hang in there and keep on flying!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Grossman56
                            Hope your wife is doing well Gman I'll keep her in my prayers.

Comment

Yes Grossman I am sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. Thoughts of positivity and healing sent her way.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Well, it would appear (knock on wood) that we've made progress, after an Ambulance ride to Billings from Cody, five days in the hospital there where they had to drain close to 600 cc of fluid from her heart sack, then back home for a week then over to Cody Regional for 4 days where they finally figured out where this danged cough was coming from. Turns out she had a partial blockage in her intestines and so they gave her stool softeners and flushed her out. Would seem that bacteria was leaking from the blockage (she has leaky gut syndrome from too much metformin, beware of Metformin!!) into her blood system and then into her lungs. Been home for a couple of weeks now and is doing much better. So that's three things, cancer, fluid around the heart and an infection in her lungs. I told her that's it, she's had her threes now!
                                On the brighter side, her hair is starting to come back. Anyone whos met her knows she had long blonde hair, she's looking forward to the day!

Thanks for all the condolences, very much appreciated!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Grossman56, Our thoughts and prayers to a speedy recovery. Best from LB & Tamms
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                  X