X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAM radio license.

My new 25 milliwatt camera requires me to have a Ham radio license, when operating it. What's the best Ham radio for beginners?

Are you talking about an FPV camera VTX? 25mW doesn't seem like much. I though anything under about 150mW was not a problem in Canada. I've got buddies who are using 600mW VTX's without a ham licence. I suppose by the letter of the law, you should have a licence but for RX FPV use on a recreational basis, I think most people don't bother.
    So, are you saying that because you have to get a licence for this camera, that you're also going to get into ham radio?

Comment

If my memory serves correctly ham is only required for 100mw and up.

Comment

Yes sir, I've been inquiring about how to get licensed. I have to study for the first part of the license. So you start as a Technician licensed operator, once you''ve passed the test. The Commission communications of Canada are setting new rules and regulations June 1 2019. So what I've gathered is were only suppose to fly line of site, or having a spotter if the operator is using fpv. It gets more complicated and confusing as I read on Services of Canada website. Besides it's a good idea to have the radio in case of emergency situations. I going to study for an hour each night, till I feel confident enough to take the test.

Comment

Working...
        X