X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propeller balancing

Doesn't the propeller inn the fms half to be ballanced be for flight, it seems watching videos on you YouTube no body mentioned it.

You should balance all your props erregardless of who manufactures them.

Comment

Nobody mentions it because it's one of the most basic and fundamental requirements when putting a plane together. It's a given and should not need to be mentioned. Any rotating assembly should be balanced before putting into service.

Comment

im in car trade it may sound to simple aa lamborgini rotating mass rim or crank etc will hav way higher tollerence than ford or chev horses4 courses based on performance levels aka trainer or skilled aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by F4ucorsair View Post
          im in car trade it may sound to simple aa lamborgini rotating mass rim or crank etc will hav way higher tollerence than ford or chev horses4 courses based on performance levels aka trainer or skilled aircraft
          What does any of that have to due with balancing a prop??

Comment

I have only cheaper dynam planes. Next is hopeing to be 1600 flligjtline .Corsair. My point was generally. Factory tolerance is close . I didn't .balance .any. I'm sure some r. Laughfi g at .me . I am new .but .if I was building 3 metre .250cc. Monster. I would learn how to balance. The prop

Comment

And I am here to learn

Comment

Originally posted by F4ucorsair View Post
                And I am here to learn
                I didn't understand your first post but this is a good place to learn. Balancing your props is a good idea because a out of balance prop can lead to various problems when flying the worst being the motor separating from the plane due to vibration. Some props will be pretty close to being balanced others will be quite out of balance. Get your self a Dubro prop balancer it's a invaluable tool and balance your props. There is instructions with the balancer and their are some good demo' s on you tube. You will find it fairly easy to do and your plane will perform better. Good luck and welcome to the Squawk.

Comment

Thank boomer .Likely they r not .expensive

Comment

I also use a Dubro balancer. Works great. You might find a prop that balances horizontally, heavy side down, now and then. This usually takes a good deal of weight to correct. I put a dab of E-6000 cement on the light side of the hub and experiment with small pieces of lead placed into it 'till the prop will spin freely. Then I put a little more cement on top of the lead. Never had one come loose. Props with a heavy blade are easy to correct with a piece of vinyl tape on the back of the light blade. I have about 50 planes and I think, maybe, one of those had a balanced prop out of the box! Doc

Comment

Working...
                    X