X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super cub s help

Hey was wondering how to properly set up servo arms on safe tech cub I replaced them already and now the plane is not fly able. Centered them and adjusted rudder and elevator to no avail it is useless now. It's like the safe is forcing it to fly vertical and to the left just hoping some one has see this before or maybe a way to reset the gyro in the plane? Thanks in advance .

Your not clear about what exactly you replaced. And how is it not flyable? SAFE is something you have to select during flight to recover when you get into trouble. It isn’t always on. Are you saying the AS3X is causing the plane to climb and go to the left?
    I would suggest you turn off the stabilizer and SAFE and start all over. The Cub sits on it’s tail wheel, so its nose is pointed up. Prop the plane up so that it’s about level like when it’s flying. Do all your set up that way. When you’ve re-centered all your servo arms and set your control surfaces to neutral, then re-bind it so you get the stabilizer to work again and from that point, plug in the battery with the plane level until the initialization is finished.

Comment

I removed the servo arms and replaced the control rods from servo to rudder and elevators happened after a hard crash but didn't notice any damage other than the tail wing which I replaced. Just thought maybe I damaged the safe system which controls stable flight or mispositioned the servo arms. I have flown it several times in the past with no issues like this maybe just a bad day flying
      I have repaired the damage and will try again next good day if it's the same I guess I will have to figure out what I have done wrong.

Comment

It's possible a crash can damage the receiver and affect the AS3X and SAFE. That's why you need to turn them off and do the set up and calibration from the start.

Comment

Not sure how to do this calibration plane still hooks hard left and down on take off and in flight as well never touched electronics but rudder is also now reversed I think the reciever may be damaged.

Comment

This "calibration" is what I posted in my first reply. It's just manually setting up the arms and rods with the plane level.

Comment

Ok so did the calibration and rudder servo is still reversed and plane is not responding correctly in flight to the point it is unusable had a experienced pilot try it and crashed it within seconds of take off. Not sure what to do now I got a new body and wing on order but feel there is a problem with the brain of the plane lol

Comment

Never fly with a known reversed control.... or known reversed gyro function.

Too easy to fix the issue. Swap around the control arm on the servo so the pushrod is on the opposite side of the output shaft. (if there is room) and you will have reversed both the effect of the rudder stick and the gyro.
                If the gyro is right and the stick is wrong, you use the reverse switch/function in the transmitter.
                If the gyro is wrong and the stick is correct, you swap the control arm around and use the reverse switch/function on the TX.

Now you know how to do it with gyros that are a pain in the tail to reprogram... you can avoid reprogramming the gyro.

What you really need is in person help from someone who knows how to actually fix problems, rather than someone who will try to fly a plane with a known issue that usually results in a crash, even in the hands of advanced 3D and aerobatics competition pilots.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Severed Deisel View Post
                  Ok so did the calibration and rudder servo is still reversed and plane is not responding correctly in flight to the point it is unusable had a experienced pilot try it and crashed it within seconds of take off. Not sure what to do now I got a new body and wing on order but feel there is a problem with the brain of the plane lol
                  OK, I think you need help from someone "hands on". This is a very basic trainer airplane, with built in features. After you crashed it and re-built it, something either got damaged or you put it together incorrectly. It's not enough to have an experienced pilot "try" it. You need to find an experienced RC hobbyist check it out thoroughly and help you put it right. It's hard to do that over the internet.
                  It's really hard for us to help you as you've left out so many details. We don't know if you bought the PNP or the RTF. If you have the RTF, that little TX is so simple, there may not be a reverse capability for the servo, meaning that it's likely you've put it together wrong. At what point was the rudder reversed (on this plane, the rudder acts like ailerons since it's a 3-ch plane)? Or has it always been reversed? The further we get into this situation, the more information we find is missing, so it's best to have someone close to you take a real close look at it for you.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys it is an rtf only noticed the reverse rudder after repair possibly have the servo arms on the wrong servo? Does anyone know which servo is supposed to control the rudder . So I can be sure the arms are mounted to the correct motor sorry really am new to this and know very little

Comment

Originally posted by Severed Deisel View Post
                      Thanks for the help guys it is an rtf only noticed the reverse rudder after repair possibly have the servo arms on the wrong servo? Does anyone know which servo is supposed to control the rudder . So I can be sure the arms are mounted to the correct motor sorry really am new to this and know very little
                      The easiest way to see which servo works what control surface is to work the stick and see which servo moves. Reviewing the product info for this plane, I now see that it's a 4-channel plane. IE, it has throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder. If it's the rudder you are having a problem with, work the rudder stick and see which servo moves and determine if the rudder goes in the direction it's supposed to. You say it's reversed, so that might mean that you've installed the servo arm on the wrong side. Remove it and rotate it 180 degrees and see it that fixes it.

Comment

Be 100% certain that if you either replaced.or moved or reinstalled the receiver that itnisnin the exact orientation it was originally.

You will wreck the plane if you don't.

Comment

Working...
                        X