X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after 20 year gap

am currently into flying a carbon cub s+ and a 1300 mm spitfire and looking to go to an EDF JET next year I want to study up on the F4 phantom 8s and the F14 Tomcat from Freewing any suggestions or guidance would be helpful from owners of these planes
    Thanks

You should go to those threads and read up on them. They talk plenty about every aspect of those planes. Then you can ask specific questions that weren’t covered to your liking.

Comment

Welcome back! I too took a long (15 year) break from RC and it's great to see how far the hobby has come! For what it's worth, I would seriously look at the FW Avanti S or Eflight Viper as a first EDF. If you are sold on nothing but a scale bird, maybe the F22 as I have read that it's very solid and is quite predictable for a scale EDF. I have the 8S Phantom and would absolutely not recommend it as a first EDF. It's quite heavy and is very unforgiving if you get behind it. I have not flown the F14 but have heard that it's decent with the wings spread but can be a handful when swept. I have also read that it's a very challenging plane to get setup correctly. But again, that's just what I have read.

As xviper said, you will find a wealth of info on any plane you are looking at on their respective pages. You may get some one sided opinions but at least you can make an informed decision based on what's there.

Comment

Welcome back novaz and welcome to Hobby Squawk! I concur with xviper and icepirate3...We all covet the scale stuff but I would heed the advice regarding looking into more predictable jets at first before exploring the Phantom and F-14. We have some lightly wing-loaded models that are more forgiving for someone getting back into the hobby. Soon enough you will be ready for the 8S Phantom and F-14. We always recommend starting out on the smaller EDFs first and working your way up to the big, scale stuff but if your stick skills are solid you can "skip a few grades" and go to the bigger stuff (like the Avanti) before targeting your favorite jets...If you have any questions feel free to ask!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
        X