X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA regs

Is there a easy way to get my planes and myself set up with the appropriate FAA compliance, the FAA web site isnt idiot proof for this idiot.

You could call/visit the local airport and ask how to see the nearest FAA rep in person or if anyone there could help you navigate the website to register.

You have to think a bit like a bureaucrat to get registered. Its not hard, but not intuitively obvious to a normal person.

As fr labeling the airplanes, I copy-pasted my name, AMA number, FAA number and expiration dates, many times in small font, then printed that. I cut that page into strips of the information and glue a strip in the TE of an aileron, rudder or along the lower edge of the canopy. Never in a place that messes with my intended paint scheme.

There is no requirement about font size. I didn't go to the smallest (need a magnifying glass to read) but its smaller than standard 10 point font.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thank you, I'll do that.

Comment

You're not likely to find FAA employees at the airport, only select airports have them.

This link will take you right where you need to go.

Comment

Thank you dkalwishky

Comment

Making modified data plates with my FAA #’s. I got Callie to do this one, but I got good results for my other planes just printing and clear adhesive.

well, f#)*@n iPad says I don’t have any photos...so I can’t load the pic I selected....

FML...

Comment

I went to Target and spent 20.00 dollars on a Dynamo electronic labler and I can make just about any size I want. Works great for alot of things.

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                Making modified data plates with my FAA #’s. I got Callie to do this one, but I got good results for my other planes just printing and clear adhesive.

well, f#)*@n iPad says I don’t have any photos...so I can’t load the pic I selected....

FML...
                so 2 days later I can load it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	701968E3-CF3B-4AD5-BE5A-4072927131E4.png
Views:	394
Size:	815.6 KB
ID:	194750

Comment

Working...
                X