X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPP repair?

Hello all, just been flying my Techone Tempo and I broken the rudder hinge, how do people go about repairing this? I did think about glueing nylon hinges on. All advice is appreciated.

Several ways to go about it.

EPP is safe to use normal CA on
    but its rarely what you have with a foam model. They are usually EPS or EPO. EPS is damaged by normal CA. EPO you can put acetone on a rag and rub on the foam to clean it.

Test a bit of scrap with the glue you plan to use. I shave a bit from inside the airplane.

Various methds have been used t re-hinge when the EPO breaks.
    EPS doesn't work as a hinge, it fractures to rapidly from repeated bending.

Common CA hinges work fine. Glue in with THIN CA foam safe if needed.
    Robart Hinge Points are great, installed with a bit of expanding foam polyurethane glue. It does not take much glue.

Some people will use a flexible glue applied sparingly and just glue the hinge line back together. E-6000 works (similar to Shoe Goo) Be sure to apply sparingly because thick application CAN damage the foam.
    Don't use common silicone sealant/glue because this peels from the foam (EPS or EPO) after a relatively short time and leaves a nearly impossible to remove residue that prevents any glue (including silicone sealant) from sticking.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
    X