You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This DC-3 will fly for the first time in 26 years today, to commemorate The D-Day invasion.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This DC-3 will fly for the first time in 26 years today, to commemorate The D-Day invasion.

Hi All,

Well as a few of you know, I like F22 & Curly am a real airplane person. So if anyone of you think it might be interesting check out Mikey McBryans, (if you haven already) Plane Saver episodes on Youtube. He has been restoring a bone yard DC-3 to be flown the first time in 26 years today. Mikey founded this Youtube series just for this event. you can find the link here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvF...uXwaoFE45bq4Xg

How about you take a moment and watch a little history be made. Just in case you don't know, "Mikey McBryan" is the son of "Joe McBryan", IE "Buffalo Joe McBryan" of "Buffalo Airways", ya know the "Ice Pilots."

Today is the day they fly it.

Can wait for today's video.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Isn’t that the one that was at the airport entrance to Buffalo Air? I know I have seen those colors before.

Comment

This one was sitting at an airport somewhere near Montreal. Sitting right where it was left 26 years ago.

W

Comment

Wow, brought a tear to my eyes. If you pulled the wings and used them for skidoo jumps, this was what our '3 looked like in Terrace, to see a bird in as bad a shape get back into the air is, well, emotional:(
          Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	198963

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
          X