Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugh, you are very fortunate. I pay tax on everything purchased and stuff from outside of Canada, I also pay for brokerage fees except for the few occasions when Canada Post turns a blind eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

xviper I actually never pay any tax at all with anything shipped to me from MRC (almost always with free shipping to boot). I do not get charged any tax even from the shipping company, usually FedEx.

So I guess I've been unusually lucky so far to date not having to pay for sales tax and duties like a lot of you guys get hit with from other countries. I need to just shut up and count my blessings!
      Hugh, you're just lucky you haven't been caught cheating on your taxes! https://taxfoundation.org/florida-online-sales-tax/

Florida says this: What we call sales taxes are really sales and use taxes, and the “use” part obligates a purchaser to remit tax to their state on any taxable sale on which they were not charged sales tax. Technically, if you shop online and the seller doesn’t charge sales tax (but the item is taxable in your state), you must remit use tax. That compliance is low does not mean the tax doesn’t exist.

Comment

Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Hugh, you're just lucky you haven't been caught cheating on your taxes! https://taxfoundation.org/florida-online-sales-tax/

Florida says this: What we call sales taxes are really sales and use taxes, and the “use” part obligates a purchaser to remit tax to their state on any taxable sale on which they were not charged sales tax. Technically, if you shop online and the seller doesn’t charge sales tax (but the item is taxable in your state), you must remit use tax. That compliance is low does not mean the tax doesn’t exist.
        Yes you are 100% correct and I do know that. Unfortunately my overly honest accountant has always kept me paying probably more than I even owe, so at the end of the day, I end up paying more than my fair share of sales tax. Just thought it was curious that HH charges but MRC does not and leaves it up to the shippers or the customers.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
        X