X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dynam Dead?

I noticed that Motion is "Clearing" many Dynam planes. Perhaps making way for Freewing or FlightLine replacements of some of the favorites. But, with so many jets coming up and the fact that we live in the jet age; I guess most of the Dynam planes, with all their issues; unreliable electronics; hideous manuals; spooky pilots and bad packaging, are being retired from many RC suppliers. Went to Grayson Hobby sometime ago and they have been "out of stock" on almost all things Dynam. Just as well; although I cut some of my RC teeth on Dynams a few years ago, I guess every dog has it's day....Vive le Freewing !; Vive le FlightLine ! Adieu Dynam! and FMS too....Sad! Where have all the good planes gone!

Interesting topic. I certainly hope not. For all their flaws, I still enjoy many Dynam Planes to this day, and with their price point I would purchase them 2 & 3 at a time. I'll be flying them for a long time to come.

Woody

Comment

Noticed that as well. They completely removed the Dynam planes from the site. I'd imagine there is still bad blood over the P-61. I don't blame them

Comment

Seems like anywhere you go on the Net, Dynam products are out of stock and have been for quite some time. I remember that Motion did say they don't want to sell black planes because of "gatoring". Also, the P-61 was plagued with problems and missing features right out of the gate, so Motion honestly declined it, but said they would honour other Dynam products. Maybe most people have become so bitten they are 10 times shy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AirHead View Post
          Seems like anywhere you go on the Net, Dynam products are out of stock and have been for quite some time. I remember that Motion did say they don't want to sell black planes because of "gatoring". Also, the P-61 was plagued with problems and missing features right out of the gate, so Motion honestly declined it, but said they would honour other Dynam products. Maybe most people have become so bitten they are 10 times shy!!!!
          Motion worked closely with Dynam to release the P-61. Dynam went behind their backs and released the plane elsewhere. Not to mention the problems with the model. Ethically Dynam was a sad state.

Comment

I know a lot of people who still do and will buy Dynam myself included. Yes they have their issues but we buy them knowing that going in. They offer a lot of planes that no else does and at the price point you can afford to tweak them to get what you want out of them. I would much rather upgrade a $180 plane as opposed to having to upgrade $400 plane.

Comment

Can't go into too many details about Dynam, but suffice to say, if you see something you like in the Clearance section, I would grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                Interesting topic. I certainly hope not. For all their flaws, I still enjoy many Dynam Planes to this day, and with their price point I would purchase them 2 & 3 at a time. I'll be flying them for a long time to come.

Woody
                I still love flying my Grand Cruiser and Turbojet to this day. I just wish there was a new brand of RC airplane that had the pricing of Dynam but the build quality and feature set of premier brands like Freewing and FlightLine.

Comment

Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                  I noticed that Motion is "Clearing" many Dynam planes. Perhaps making way for Freewing or FlightLine replacements of some of the favorites. But, with so many jets coming up and the fact that we live in the jet age; I guess most of the Dynam planes, with all their issues; unreliable electronics; hideous manuals; spooky pilots and bad packaging, are being retired from many RC suppliers. Went to Grayson Hobby sometime ago and they have been "out of stock" on almost all things Dynam. Just as well; although I cut some of my RC teeth on Dynams a few years ago, I guess every dog has it's day....Vive le Freewing !; Vive le FlightLine ! Adieu Dynam! and FMS too....Sad! Where have all the good planes gone!
                  Interesting topic.

I only have experience with one Dynam plane. My buddy bought the T-6 from Motion a couple years ago. Flew TERRIBLE! After gutting everything and repowering it and putting in all new electronics, it flies pretty well now. But, that experience turned me away from Dynam right then and there.

Interesting you included FMS in your goodbyes... that because Motion and FMS cut ties or because FMS seems to have given up on warbirds?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Interesting topic.

I only have experience with one Dynam plane. My buddy bought the T-6 from Motion a couple years ago. Flew TERRIBLE! After gutting everything and repowering it and putting in all new electronics, it flies pretty well now. But, that experience turned me away from Dynam right then and there.

Interesting you included FMS in your goodbyes... that because Motion and FMS cut ties or because FMS seems to have given up on warbirds?
                    I mentioned FMS because they are pretty much gone from Motion. They went to Horizon due to their affiliation. They have discontinued quite a few planes like many companies do. It's hard to keep all the people happy all the time...

Comment

My Dynam WACOs are two of my go to planes. Five years old with hundreds of flights on them and they are still as dependable as ever. It is one plane I will replace when this one meets its demise. I've had a few Dynam planes, and yes they sometimes have some issues, but for the money they are a pretty good deal.

I haven't been flying as long as many here. When I was first getting started the FMS 1400mm planes were hitting their stride and Motion having them, along with parts, really got me going in this hobby. That 1400-1500mm size became my sweet spot for single engine models.

I realize there are other corporate issues at play, but with Motion getting out of FMS and now Dynam, I wonder if someone else will fill that void. I like and have some Freewing and Flightline planes, but I still want a source, other than HH, for my FMS planes. And, I would much rather buy my Dynam planes from Motion.

Edit - I did take the opportunity to order a replacement for my Turbojet from Motion, as long as they are on sale;-)

Comment

From what I hear Dynam isn’t going anywhere. Seems like they have just went there own way. I have a few and really like them.

Comment

Working...
                        X