X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing High Performance Versions

There seems to be a new trend starting with MRC/FW and I am loving it!! Quite a few models are getting some power upgrades (some with gear upgrades too) and being re-released as a high performance version. So far, unless I have missed some, they have done the 90mm F15, 70mm F16, 80mm F86, 80mm A6, and 70mm Bae Hawk. The new inrunner setups going in these are really impressive from what I have seen so far. I am surprised MRC has been pretty quiet about it though, they just kind of show up on the website.

James, Tom, Mark, Alpha.... any clues on what other planes are in line to get these upgrades??

One thing I will say, with as many high performance versions as we have now, it would be cool to see a filter on the left side of the website to search just the HP versions. Obviously some models have both versions when released like the F22 as well. So all the way down to the 64mm line up to the 90mm line, it would be cool to just click and see those higher performance versions.

Marco Polo , any hints??

Comment

Currently, this is just a low key experiment. I want to see where the customer traffic goes. Do people like the lower price of a standard version or do they like the higher performance with the inrunner and in some cases all the bells and whistles. You hit the nail on the head and named all the current high performance versions. Personally, I want to fly the high performance versions for a variety of reasons but I want to make sure all of you agree.

The 80mm F-86 and 80mm A-6 needed some other upgrades in order to add the inrunner motor. The inrunner draws more amperage so these two planes required a larger ESC. The greater speed required us to upgrade to higher torque servos, hence the upgraded metal gears. It made the price go up a bit more than I wanted so I want to see how everyone reacts.

The 70mm Hawk, 70mm F-35, and 70mm F-16 all have the inrunner and the upgraded shock absorbing struts included. Again, I want to see how everyone reacts to the high performance vs the standard editions of the Hawk and F-16.

Ultimately an inrunner costs more than an outrunner so we're dipping a toe to see how people like these.

Comment

The A-6 flies fine on the present power sys. It's a medium attack bomber(as one of you owners already knows ) and thusly doesn't need a fighter power plant.
        An Intruder sporting a 1500 span with twin 70mm's.............now that's an upgrade
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Looks like the F5 is getting the High Performance upgrades as well! I have been eyeing the F5 for a while but the older, dated power system had me looking harder at the L39 for my next 80mm. But, I think the F5 will be next up now!

F-5 Tiger II Camo High Performance 80mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ20815P Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing F-5 Tiger II. As of 6/22/2023 this model now comes with the upgraded 3658-2150Kv inrunner brushless motor, a newly designed 12-Blade EDF, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servo

Comment

Working...
          X