Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion RC discontinuing Dynam products?

Just noticed all the Dynam planes that are in stock on Motion RC are being sold as clearance. Plus all the planes that have been out of stock for awhile now and they haven't got back in makes me wonder if they are not going to sell any more Dynam products? Not that I could blame them after the P-61 fiasco...

It appears that indeed the Dynam planes are being phased out, Hopefully that is not the case and there are indeed more Dynam planes in transit. Losing the FMS planes was bad enough, losing the Dynam line as well would indeed limit my shopping at Motion RC.

As per the Dynam P-61, checking out the RC Groups web page for this plane, a lot of flyers actually really like this plane, there were some who were also had negative comments. Remember though, Dynam is noted for being relatively inexpensive in comparison to other brands of similar size. Replacing retracts is actually fairly common practice with a lot of planes with HK being a prime supplier.

Comment

There's a couple threads about this...Mark and Tom have addressed this a few times already.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
        There's a couple threads about this...Mark and Tom have addressed this a few times already.
        could you provide the links here? I searched around and cannot find them. To me, it is really sad to see Dynam being discontinued (as it appears), as I was/am a big fan of their reasonably priced airplanes,

btw, I did read the whole thread about motionrc reducing product lines, but that seems only to apply to HH stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

could you provide the links here? I searched around and cannot find them. To me, it is really sad to see Dynam being discontinued (as it appears), as I was/am a big fan of their reasonably priced airplanes,

btw, I did read the whole thread about motionrc reducing product lines, but that seems only to apply to HH stuff.
          On post #7 of the thread " Is Dynam Dead? ", Marc makes his position rather clear about MRC's relationship regarding Dynam.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Motion RC's new Skynetics brand looks like it will fill the void for the product price point previously held by Dynam. Skynetics should also come in at a much better level of quality. It will just take some time for the product line to fill out.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Motion RC's new Skynetics brand looks like it will fill the void for the product price point previously held by Dynam. Skynetics should also come in at a much better level of quality. It will just take some time for the product line to fill out.
              Skynetics appears to be a replacement for the TECHONE brand also...............13 of the 14 Techone models are out of stock.
              James unequivocally stated in the Community Aircraft Design Invitational - The Skynetic Air Titan V2 Challenge! this comment...............
              "Many of you would be familiar with the classic Techone 1600mm Air Titan. This high wing cub was always a popular model on our website with its awesome variability and tremendous flight characteristics. The Air Titan will be making a return in the coming months under our new Skynetic in-house foam electric brand as a Version 2"
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I contacted Motion RC about a Dynam back order and they confirmed they have dropped the Dynam line. Something about not agreeing on a price point.

Comment

Working...
                X