Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing gas engine

All,

I have a telemaster, 60" wing, wood, and would like to convert to electric. This plane has not been flown in some 12 to 15 years, just hanging in shop. My sons would like to get it flying again as the youngest learned to fly with this plane.

Probably all servos, receiver, and maybe covering will need to be trashed. Found two gallons unopened of glow fuel marked at 7.99 each. Wow.

Where do I start to know what will have to be replaced and size of electric engine and batteries to get it back in the air.
    Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Hi Skillett, I'd say the first thing to do is to assess the airworthiness of the airframe. Remove the servos and other equipment, then inspect the wood, especially where it was hung. I've bought a couple "ceiling hangar" airplanes over the years, and sometimes there are stresses at the connection points that need to be addressed.

Once you have a structurally sound airframe that has been cleaned and recovered (assuming it needs new covering), then we can proceed to the next step in assessing what type of performance you want and thus what kind of power system would be best suited for your goals and budget. Telemasters can be configured in a variety of ways. A 60" airframe could probably be run on an economical 4s system, or a spritely 6s system.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

check on all glue joints in stress area of wings and fuselage and are where motor is I assume? I will do and report back.

Thanks for response.I might add fuselage has hung in a non-climate controlled environment.

Wing has been in sun room, climate controlled.

Jimmy
      Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Working...
      X