X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mode 1 or mode 2 ???

hi guys a question ive been thinkin about 4 a while.... i have noticed that most very experinced pilots seem to fly mode 2.. if im wrong tell me.. i am mode 1.. but i have noticed flying warbirds ,, only thing i fly ... at times i pull back throttle to much in sharp ailaroin turns by mistake.... is that because mode 2 throttle is left thumb,,, out of the way so to speek... set and leave,, unless u use rudder ??? after 2 years would b hard to change... thanx ps 3 flights on my new fline f4u now... spitfire next

Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    hi guys a question ive been thinkin about 4 a while.... i have noticed that most very experinced pilots seem to fly mode 2.. if im wrong tell me.. i am mode 1.. but i have noticed flying warbirds ,, only thing i fly ... at times i pull back throttle to much in sharp ailaroin turns by mistake.... is that because mode 2 throttle is left thumb,,, out of the way so to speek... set and leave,, unless u use rudder ??? after 2 years would b hard to change... thanx ps 3 flights on my new fline f4u now... spitfire next
    The mode1 flyers were predominantly from shall I dare say the earlier years of precision aerobatics (pattern) flying and yes mode 2 is the predominant mode used now these days for most flying.
    Mode 2 with throttle/rudder reacts exactly as you perceived. I've known several guys that learned to use mode 2 with a bunch more years on 1 than you.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Whichever mode you learn on, you will think is best.

I have flown all 4. Each works just fine.

I currently have my radios set up for Mode 3, which is ailerons and Elevator on the left stick.

I had issues with my right hand and I had a radio rewired for Mode 3, so I could buddy box it with a normal mode 2 radio and after 3 flights on the buddy box, I was flying fine with Mode 3 after appx 30 years of Mode 2.

Today, the computer deals with the mode and you may not have to have the sticks rewired.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

"Today, the computer deals with the mode and you may not have to have the sticks rewired."

The only problem switching between mode 2 and 3 is the throttle stick. I know a guy that flies with a backwards Elevator, Up was Up and down was expensive.

Comment

lol thanx 4 the input

Comment

Working...
          X