You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE READ.................MRC is the BEST!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ.................MRC is the BEST!!!

Hey guys. I normally would not take the time to write out something like this but in light of my two recent experiences, I feel I need to give credit where credit is due. For many years I have been ordering most of my R/C kits, ARF’s, parts and accessories from Tower or from my local hobby stores (which most of those are out of business now), used from a fellow flier or a club classified listing. Most of the reasons I ordered new from Tower was simply due to my local shop not having what I needed or couldn’t find it elsewhere new or used. Regardless, this has been the mindset for me for 30 years now and I cannot say I was always happy with the customer service from some of these places. This past year (2019) I decided to move into EP and more specifically EDF’s which has proven to be very satisfying but challenging at times. Being a lifelong veteran of stick built/gas/glow aircraft I found myself unsure about venturing into the world of foam EP/EDF’s. Lots of questions and unknowns for me.

In November of 2018 I pulled the trigger on the Freewing Hawk and a short time later, the Freewing Rebel from MRC. After getting answers to the many questions I had, I soloed the Rebel without incident. After flying the Rebel for 3-4 more times, during a routine inspection of the plane, I noticed the foam on both sides of the fuse at the rear of the nose gear wheel well had a split toward the top of the fuse. Now, I have NEVER in my life asked for something for nothing, NEVER, and NEVER will! So, I took what I thought was a long shot and contacted Tom @ MRC via Hobby Squawk, sent him a video of the cracking along with an explanation regarding my flying and landing characteristics. I have never had a landing that would break this plane in this manner. I am by no means an “ace” but I can fly and land without issues 95% of the time. After talking with Tom a couple times, he explained, MRC was sending me out a new fuse at no charge. Needless to say, I was very impressed and grateful.

Fast-forwarding to 12/2019, I installed the aftermarket struts / landing gear in the Hawk of which I have still yet to fly some 1 year later. I discovered the wheels were hitting the wheel wells and would not retract fully. So, I contacted Alpha and Tom again to seek help. Tom, took my info, my video of the problem and began working on it. It was determined a couple days later that I have the older wing version and that was obviously incompatible with the upgraded struts I have. This indifference was unknown to me at the time of the order since my order was placed during the old wing and new wing transition. After a couple PM’s from Tom, he explained that MRC was going to send me out a replacement wing free of charge. Once again, I am incredibly impressed and grateful for the customer service I received.

Now, I am writing this to let you all know that in all my years of being a part of retail purchasing in society for anything, I have NEVER EVER had such a high level of customer service in my life. Those of you who are old enough will remember 30-40 years ago, you could still find customer service of this nature fairly easy. Today, not so much and typically if a retailers “online” interface can’t resolve the issue, you are more than likely out of luck or have to spend days and even weeks fighting them to make them honor their product. Sadly, in most places today (outside of the local stores), you can’t even speak to anyone on the phone to get something resolved.

I just cannot say enough about MRC, Tom & Alpha for their service, concern & care for my needs with each of these aircraft. MRC knows EXACTLY what customer service really means, they know EXACTLY how to treat customers who spend money with them, they know EXACTLY how to run a business by gaining customers for life (like me)! MRC has the online R/C market as far as I am concerned. I will FOREVER buy all my R/C items from them as long as they are in business. I am not knocking any of the other R/C shops but I can guarantee you, none of them will ever come close to the level of customer service that MRC offers. MRC has set the bar so high, I don’t see anyone else online that can challenge it. I would strongly urge that if any of you are dissatisfied with MRC for whatever reason, reach out to Tom and or Alpha, I guarantee you, if your request is not unreasonable, they will help with you get the problem resolved!

Thanks MRC, Tom & Alpha and Happy Flying!!

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

CVA59, It is really nice to read about your experiences with MRC, et al. I worked part-time at a hobby store way back when and we did try to make all the customers happy; just not possible. But to read this testimony and understanding what motivates Customer Service (CS) at MotionRC, I am not surprised at your outcome. It is important to realize that this kind of CS is the exception to the rule and we as a hobby community are better for it. It doesn't hurt their Customer Relations (CR) that you've made the time to comment on their behalf, either. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
    X