You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Performance Info on the Product Pages???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Performance Info on the Product Pages???

I'm a huge fan of Motion products. I like the info that is provided on the product pages and in the manuals. However, I think that several key pieces of information are conspicuously missing: Wing Area and Power (generated by the stock motor/prop with the recommended battery). Both of these data points would be very useful in predicting/understanding how well a model aircraft is going to perform. I stopped at asking for Wing Area, as the end user (if so inclined) can use the wing area, AUW, and power to calculate wing loading, and/or wing cube loading, and/or any other scaling/performance parameter that s/he finds useful.

Motion,
    Any chance that this information (Wing Area and Power) could be added to the product pages in the future?

[edit] after posting this, it dawned on me that electric motor/prop/battery power is not a parameter that is usually published, but it is a parameter that I'd love to see when I'm considering buying an aircraft, especially a warbird. I always wonder if the warbird is going to be sufficiently powered with the stock power train. I always put my plane on a wattmeter before flying, but would definitely love to have this information (even if it's just a estimate) before I bought the warbird.
    ---
    Warbirder

Well speaking as the one who publishes the product pages for Motion RC I would say if I am presented with the data, I would be happy to add it! I can touch base with Alpha about it to see if it's something worth looking into. We're all about providing helpful data to our customer family!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I understand. The wing area should easily exist as it should be easy to pull off of the design drawings. In wood kits and ARFs, it's pretty standard to have the wing area posted. The trend seems to be going in the direction of not providing that for foamy PNPs, and I'm not really sure why. Knowing the wing area, and calculating wing loading and/or wing cube loading, can help the buyer better understand what s/he's buying. Since PNPs come with a motor, prop, esc, and a recommended battery size, certainly the power train would have been put on a wattmeter, to know that that power train would be appropriate for the plane. Being able to calculate power/weight and WCL would be two easily calculated values that'd combine to give a pretty good indication of the plane's performance.

As I said in my original post, I appreciate the information that's provided on the Motion product pages, but I do think that wing area is an obvious omission, and power (based on the stock motor/prop, and recommended battery) would be a really nice-to-have, for me at least. I'd think that that information already exists, it would just need to be collected and published.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

Working...
      X