X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite valiant

My grandkid and I have 3 carbon cub s+, enjoy very much. He just learned how to land it himself, 7 years old.
    I am looking at a e-flite valiant. Is this worth buying or just too similar to the carbon cub and better getting something else?

the Valiant is a superb flyer, I got one to serve as a buddy box trainer plane and could not be happier with it. For training I use safe mode so people can get the feel for just flying around but I love flying it in non safe for fun. Basic aerobatics, plenty of power, flaps for super slow landings, takes off in only 10', +10 minuets of flight time ,whats not to like.For less than $200 with the as3x receiver it's hard to beat, I recommend this plane to everyone.
    rc flyin addict

Comment

Just finished assembly of the E-flite Valiant. Vertical stab is secure but the horizontal stab wobbles side to side about 1/8" to the touch. Noticed that the rear of the plastic joiner connecting the vertical and horizontal stabs to the fuselage is not fully flush to the horizontal stab. Gave the rear screw 3 more turns but no change. Is this normal since the screws are along the center line? I don't think the rear plastic screw guide is cracked since the vertical stab is secure, but concerned about over tightening.

Comment

I just put mine together. This is what I did. I hot glued the elevator to the rudder, because if 1 broke they are bought in a set, not glued to fuselage. Then I put 2 sided tape between fuselage and rudder/elevator assembly and tighten it and they are sturdy. I also put packing tape on top and bottom of main wings before mounting for extra support. Now if I can just figure out how to program my transmitter, my neighbor is computer savvy said will help next week when I get the programming cables. Good luck

Comment

Also video from "RC girl" said pre screw the screws before mounting the elevator/ rudder assembly

Comment

Triker You're right, that's a good tip! I always pre-thread the screw holes, before attaching two parts together. Threading the holes beforehand makes it easier to keep everything aligned and ensure the pieces sit flush. It also reduces the risk of damage if you're pushing too hard to thread the screw while holding the two parts together at the same time.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Finally got decent weather and maidened my Valiant. A bit windy (8-10) but coming directly down the runway. Used Admiral 3s 2600's all the way back but still a touch nose heavy requiring 3 clicks of up elevator for level flight at 60% throttle. Decided to leave wobbly tail feathers as is and no issues, but will glue in tomorrow for peace of mind. Valiant has good speed and vertical on 3s. Must be a rocket on 4s. Very maneuverable on my mid-rate setting at 85% and not touchy with 20% expo. Handled the wind fine and tracks really well. I think it will be perfect for my purposes - practicing more aggressive flying.

Comment

Finally solved the issue of wobbly tail feathers. Initially, I tightened the screws holding the tail assembly until I could feel good resistance heeding the manuals warning "Do Not Overtighten". I could pull up the tail assembly from the fuse 1/8". Emailed Horizon about it and they graciously sent me a new vertical stab/rudder. Figuring I had nothing to lose since I had a spare, I just kept tightening the screws until I could no longer pull up the vertical stab from the fuse with medium pressure. Everything is now solid. I was too literal and over cautious. Feel like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                X