You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to bind spekrum dx6e to hobbyzone/horizon hobby carbon cub.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bind spekrum dx6e to hobbyzone/horizon hobby carbon cub.

Ok fellas got a problem here. I watched the youtube video how to bind the 2 together with success. I have all controls working with the safe stability working. Now here is the rub. I take it outside and it does it's gps location thing with the elevator up and down then does the beeps and it works. But when i push up the throttle it surges. Can someone give me step by step how to set up the dx6e to make this transmitter work with this plane.

I have never seen a carbon cub with GPS? Is this the champ not cub.

Comment

Comment

Interesting I didn’t know that had GPS in it now that’s crazy I don’t get stumped to often but you got me on this one never dealt with a GPS spektrum product.

Comment

The Carbon Cub does indeed have "GPS-enabled drone technology".
          https://www.horizonhobby.com/carbon-...-basic-hbz3250
          Have you assigned the switches correctly? Check to make sure that none of the switches are reversed. If one of these is incorrect, it may be trying to autoland or hold itself in a traffic pattern. These things can mess with the throttle. Do the battery connect outside, with a clear view of the sky in all directions. Blockages like being indoors or under a tree or near a building won't allow the GPS to initialize correctly. Did you do the compass calibration as per the manual and did you do it OUTSIDE?
          NOTE: I do not have this model but have some experience with other models with similar electronics. Binding on these things can be temperamental and/or hap-hazard. Try it at least 10 feet away from the plane. Just checking the manual, I can see where there are places that can be misinterpreted or doing a wrong set up step.

Comment

I got it to work finally. So what i did is i got on spektrums website and download the file for the carbon cub. I put it on my sd card and followed the instructions on spektrums website to upload it to the dx6e controller.

Comment

Working...
            X