X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK Fw 190 1600mm landing gear / lights control board wiring help

HK Fw 190 1600mm WB. The plane comes with 0 instructions . assembly is really elementary but It came with a landing gear control board with no info on install. The lead has a label GEAR nothing on pins. any one can give a moment I thank you. It look similar to this board.

HobbyKing has pretty much stopped including instructions for virtually all their products. You must go to that product page and take a look at "Upload files" tab to see what might be there. For this plane, you'll find the manual, however, it doesn't tell you anything about how to plug in the controller. Having said that, it's up to the end user to figure it out from past experience. Where that is lacking, then I can tell you that you can plug the lead that says "gear" into the gear channel of your RX (usually ch.5). The pins look like there are enough for 3 retracts. Use a magifying glass to see if it is labeled with (+ or -) for polarity for each pair. It doesn't need 3 pins per retract. Start with just one retract and line up the plug on the retract lead with the + or -. You'll need the plane RX bound so you can use the gear switch. On the retract 3-wire lead, there should be a black (or brown) wire on one outside of the plug. That's negative (-). On the opposite side should be a white wire (signal). The middle one is usually red and is for power. Match the label on the controller and make sure that pin gets the corresponding wire from the retract. The other pin gets the middle wire and one outside pin on the lead plug is not used and hangs with nothing going into it. Try the retract switch. If it works, do the same with the other two retracts.
    I would suggest to try hooking up the retracts on a 3-way "Y" and plugging that directly into the RX or a servo tester (as a test), HOWEVER, that may be ill-advised as that controller may be there because the retracts need a different voltage than what comes out of a RX or servo tester.

Comment

Every thing you said jives ! and i thanking your time! because this board has a button on it I think its a door sequencer, I see led's time out in different time spans as i bush button, so must change timing settings. Never the less your true that to by pass it and test gear. i did one at a time and gears don't respond . They must run the std 6 voltish I have to assume?! l Never seen a foamy gear with signal wire on them hmm. I thing Houston has more problems . I think gear are dead right out of box. Been lots chatter of others having had same issue . gear open ones then no communication to gear again ( I went all out this time. flight stabilizer, 20amp independent SBEC

Comment

HobbyKing still sells many products that have quirky tech.

Comment

I have the same question !

Comment

I've just finished messing around with the retracts on my HobbyKing Avios Mig 17. If it's anything like their 190, the picture of that little circuit board is the retract controller and power board. Did the model come with twin lead landing gear? The retracts on these planes appear to have only twin wires - a positive and a negative. You must use retracts that are meant for this product (ie, twin leads). If you use "normal" triple wire leads on most retracts, you don't use that board. You can "Y" them all together and hook directly to your RX. Like I said, "quirky tech".

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I've just finished messing around with the retracts on my HobbyKing Avios Mig 17. If it's anything like their 190, the picture of that little circuit board is the retract controller and power board. Did the model come with twin lead landing gear? The retracts on these planes appear to have only twin wires - a positive and a negative. You must use retracts that are meant for this product (ie, twin leads). If you use "normal" triple wire leads on most retracts, you don't use that board. You can "Y" them all together and hook directly to your RX. Like I said, "quirky tech".
              The gear on my FW 1600 mm does not have built in limit switches , if RX direct they will blow up. You think they HK would would upgrade this plane to load sensing gear like all the rest of foam flyers out there. Well I just retrofitted RX direct gear in it. Fruitless, the bird has cheap plastic gear servos all over and after 5 min maiden a aileron servo stripped and another grave is born. forgot my shovel.FML ! Such a nice big bird ! to bad HK won't give the big FW a new makeover !

Comment

Thought I share how in love and serous I was about being successful this time after loosing a previous New EF Viper to a maiden grave, ESC melt down.
                Before and after pic of motor support bulkhead I built. The motor Its just glued to foam and loose and waggy ! I tied it in to floor pan. I even put a stand alone BEC , flight stability mogul in the bird to and E glassed wing leading edges . It will take time to swallow this hit but I will heal lol

Comment

Working...
                X