X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safe system

I have a Night Radian that has an AR636 installed. I am attempting to set the SAFE system on a channel. I have tried to corner the sticks and move the switch with no luck. Does anybody have any other ideas?

Originally posted by RCRT2018 View Post
    I have a Night Radian that has an AR636 installed. I am attempting to set the SAFE system on a channel. I have tried to corner the sticks and move the switch with no luck. Does anybody have any other ideas?
    The only thing I can think of without knowing exactly what you’re doing is .................. You must do this procedure on high rates (100%), no throttle cut, plane on level surface.
    Oh, one more thing. Did you bind it in the method that even allows you to access SAFE and assign a switch?

Comment

Xviper, as far as I know the rates on on 100% and it is on a level surface. I am not sure if the throttle cut was on or off at the time. I wlll have to check that. I binded it the way the manual said. I dont know, i really don't need to have SAFE, i just was wanting it for back up on a switch. Thanks for your thought.

Comment

Hi I think I may have a similar issue with a Piper Cub that I would like to add a SAFE module to (Its a NX3 Gyro -3 Axix stabilization -from Banggood) - It comes with a manual but basically I am at a loss as to know how precisely to set it up with a Futaba Park Fly receiver - and the radio - so that the 3 levels of competency , beginner inter. and expert can be assigned to 'a suitable switch' on my Futababa TJ6 radio. Can anyone assist?

Comment

Originally posted by Biffo55 View Post
          Hi I think I may have a similar issue with a Piper Cub that I would like to add a SAFE module to (Its a NX3 Gyro -3 Axix stabilization -from Banggood) - It comes with a manual but basically I am at a loss as to know how precisely to set it up with a Futaba Park Fly receiver - and the radio - so that the 3 levels of competency , beginner inter. and expert can be assigned to 'a suitable switch' on my Futababa TJ6 radio. Can anyone assist?
          I think you have misunderstood or have been misled. This NX3 (3 axis) is NOT what you would call "SAFE". SAFE is what Spektrum calls a feature whereby when you put the plane into "safe mode" and let go of the sticks, the plane will fly level no matter what attitude it started AND if you have it in safe mode, you can still use the sticks but the bank, pitch and yaw angels are limited to about 45 to 50 degrees. This NX3 will NOT do this. It is a very basic stabilizer (3-axis). As far as I know, you need a 6-axis device to have "SAFE"-like features. The NX3 will give you OFF (no gyro), ON (normal gyro) and "HOLD". HOLD is a feature where, if you throw the switch, whatever attitude it's in, it will continue in that attitude. IE, if it's diving for the ground, it will continue to dive to the ground until it crashes. It will NOT save your plane.
          I think this device works OK for what it's intended to do BUT it will NOT do what you think it will do.

Comment

Okay many thanks for that - fully understood now. I bought 2 of these things from Banggood as they are relatively inexpensive and I was inquisitive (or just stupid), and thinking 'wrongly that it will do more than I had first anticipated - not to worry - bought sense is taught sense and I am not a total novice so I will try to fit them and see what it offers me, it might be fun. I am reborn in to the hobby after 35 years so things are a changing and more technical than years ago. Have yo any advice on how the NX3 might be integrated and tied in with My Futaba T6J radio and transmitter for the switching you mentioned?

Comment

I am not familiar with Futaba. With Spektrum, you must connect the device (mode port) to a channel on the receiver that can be controlled by a 3-way switch. I think you must do something similar for Futaba.

Comment

Working...
              X