You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Design, Laser Cutting, CNC Routing, and 3D Printing Services.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Design, Laser Cutting, CNC Routing, and 3D Printing Services.

Hello Guys,

I love to design and fabricate parts and I thought I would offer up my services if there is a need for custom parts for your airplane, jet or helicopter. I use Draftsight for my 2D parts and Solidworks for my 3D items. I am currently running a 12" x 20" Laser cutter that has an upgrade SPT 60W laser and power supply that will cut through 1/4" material in a single pass. Additionally, I have a Stepcraft 840 CNC router with a bed size of 24" x 36" and use that to cut thicker wood, Carbon fiber, and G10. I am just starting to get into aluminum, so once I have that dialed in, I will be offering aluminum as an option in the future. Finally, I have Craft Unique Craftbot 3 with a build volume of 14.7" x 9.8" x 9.8" and it has the dome and front door and I direct print from a PAC StatPro drying cabinet that keeps the humidity around 5-8% for printing materials like PETG. I have been printing with PETG exclusively and it has proven tough and reliable.

First couple pictures are of the machines I am running. Next is a rendering and final product of the test frame I designed to test the mechanics for my 800 Roban Bell 412 and the wood parts are 1/4" Baltic Birch cut on the CNC and the landing gear was printed on my 3D printer. I am documenting the helicopter assembly on another forum and can provide links to that if I am allowed too. An additional item I designed for the Roban 412 is a functional oil cooler and this was designed in Solidworks and 3D printed in two parts and then installed in the helicopter, works great. Finally, here is a quick design I was commissioned to do for a local company's UAV nose tire and it was printed in two halves and bolted together and I used the laser cutter to cut out the center portion of a 3.5" Dubro tire and fit onto the outside of the core. The PETG is proving to be very durable and the new nose gear tire is holding up great, even on less than perfect landings! I have plenty of designs over the years, some have been highlighted on this forum, but these highlight the most recent design ideas from concept to completion. I am no expert by any means, but I certainly strive for perfection and learning everyday!

I am also wiling to take your design and produce them for you if you do your own CAD work.

I truly enjoy designing and fabricating parts and If you have a need to make a custom part(s), please reach out to me and lets see if we can turn an idea into a physical part. Prefer message and then I will forward my number for text or call. i will not discuss pricing here as every project is unique, but I like to be fair and pay it forward. However, I do feel its fair to be compensated for my design time and the wear and tear on the machines and tooling. Anyway, thanks for looking and I thank you for your time and consideration.

Jason Smith

Impressive benchtop setups!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      Impressive benchtop setups!
      Thanks Alpha, I really appreciate it! I feel fortunate to have these and they have been real game changers for taking my ideas and tuning them into physical parts or assemblies! Talk soon!

Comment

Working...
      X