X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyro throws - how much?

I'm aware that the gyros are far more efficient at reacting to a change of level, and know how to correct the adjustment by using the award-winning tiny slot head that is the gyro designer's fav bit of 'we'll get the bastards this time' efforts to make the gyro unpleasant to work with.
    What I would like to see is an on-field adjustment method, so that the throw movement and range of setting can be observed easily? Perhaps someone has a video, or some practical advice ( bear in mind I don't own a microscope re: the tiny slotheads!). Thanks, everyone, keep safe, Den, Cymru.

With gyros, I prefer as little Gain input (the potentiometer dials you're referring to) as possible. I dial them all the way to the off position, then slowly rotate the pot until I begin to see a couple millimeters of deflection when I'm shaking the airplane. Typically, on a gyro such as Hobby Eagle's A3 gyro, or the Admiral gyroceivers, my pot position is around 10%-20% of the full rotation. I have never used more than 30%, because for my style of flying I can end up with a feedback loop where the airplane fights the gyro and the control surfaces begin jittering during extreme maneuvers.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hello Alpha
      Suggestion

I am sending this message after you guys announced Mig-29
      It is very good plane and it seams quality is good as well.
      Based on flight Patrick performed it proved that.
      I met so many pilots they are asking about same improvement to make with F-22 Raptor .

Suggestions I hear from more than 300 pilots are :
      - to make a larger one
      - led lights like Jeremy Solt made on his F-22
      - more details like scale landing gear
      - maybe twin EDF system or single 105mm EDF

So many of us would be more than happy to get new larger Raptor
      We think an F-22 American plane should be better and look better than Russian Mig-29 .

Thank you for all your job and new planes.
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Pete ................................ This thread is about "gyro gain". You should post in the proper thread with your suggestions to Alpha.

Comment

Working...
        X