You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the E-flite p-39 or the t-28 a better second plane?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the E-flite p-39 or the t-28 a better second plane?

I have had a hobbyzone aeroscout for a few months now, and am comfortable doing loops and rolls, so i was looking for an upgrade. I have heard great things about both of these planes, and was wondering which one is better for a second plane. Or if there were any other recommendations for a second plane. Thanks!

Go with the P39 great little flyer and pretty fast also !

Comment

Both the T-28 and P-39 are going to be excellent flying planes. The P-39 will rip on 4S, but on 3S it will tame down a bit, and be a little easier to manage as you transition from the Aeroscout.

Once you get used to the speed of the P-39 on 3S, you can step up to 4S and it becomes an animal. Very fast!

The T-28 is going to be completely different. The T-28 is very well behaved, slows down nicely, and is very docile even at its highest speeds.

For a second plane, I would personally go with a T-28 if you're looking to be on the safe side of things. If you want to step up the risk, go for the P-39. In the long run, you will get more out of the P-39, just don't try to get it all on day one. Get used to it on 3S first.

Big thing to remember is neither of these will fly like the Aeroscout does. They're faster, more maneuverable, more responsive to stick commands. Just take it easy for a few flights, then let her rip!

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by dam718 View Post
        Both the T-28 and P-39 are going to be excellent flying planes. The P-39 will rip on 4S, but on 3S it will tame down a bit, and be a little easier to manage as you transition from the Aeroscout.

Once you get used to the speed of the P-39 on 3S, you can step up to 4S and it becomes an animal. Very fast!

The T-28 is going to be completely different. The T-28 is very well behaved, slows down nicely, and is very docile even at its highest speeds.

For a second plane, I would personally go with a T-28 if you're looking to be on the safe side of things. If you want to step up the risk, go for the P-39. In the long run, you will get more out of the P-39, just don't try to get it all on day one. Get used to it on 3S first.

Big thing to remember is neither of these will fly like the Aeroscout does. They're faster, more maneuverable, more responsive to stick commands. Just take it easy for a few flights, then let her rip!

Enjoy!
        Ok thanks

Comment

I'd go with the T28. Better platform for shooting touch and go's to perfect your landing skills

Comment

I vote for the T-28 as well. Much better as a second aircraft in several ways.

Comment

T28 all the way!

Comment

Working...
              X