X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Planes and Hobby Squawk

When I first got into the hobby 3 years ago, I followed Hobby Squawk religiously. The posters were, and still are, universally knowledgeable, helpful, interesting and civil. I just like it better than the "other" forum. But in the last year I find myself spending more time on the "other" forum. My interest is primarily propeller warbirds, scale civilian, and sport 1.2 - 1.6 planes, not jets. However, when I check this forum almost daily, 90% of the plane postings are jet related. Its understandable since Motion lost e-Flite, FMS and Dynam through no fault of its own and the only new Flightline prop release in the last year was the OV-10. While its laudable that Motion brought in Blackhorse and Nexa, the general price point and size is a bit beyond my my comfort zone. Please understand this is not a rant, just a lament

Originally posted by ICM View Post
    When I first got into the hobby 3 years ago, I followed Hobby Squawk religiously. The posters were, and still are, universally knowledgeable, helpful, interesting and civil. I just like it better than the "other" forum. But in the last year I find myself spending more time on the "other" forum. My interest is primarily propeller warbirds, scale civilian, and sport 1.2 - 1.6 planes, not jets. However, when I check this forum almost daily, 90% of the plane postings are jet related. Its understandable since Motion lost e-Flite, FMS and Dynam through no fault of its own and the only new Flightline prop release in the last year was the OV-10. While its laudable that Motion brought in Blackhorse and Nexa, the general price point and size is a bit beyond my my comfort zone. Please understand this is not a rant, just a lament
    People are free to discuss any aircraft, from any manufacturers they wish. Doesn't have to just be Motion RC stuff. Jump in the threads that exist and spark them up or start new ones for any aircraft you wish to speak of. We all love all RC

Comment

......... Its understandable since Motion lost e-Flite, FMS and Dynam through no fault of its own and the only new Flightline prop release in the last year was the OV-10. While its laudable that Motion brought in Blackhorse and Nexa, the general price point and size is a bit beyond my my comfort zone. Please understand this is not a rant, just a lament
      I would not characterize Motion as having "lost" Eflite, FMS and Dynam. Its more like they lost Motion.

Motion dropped Dynam when Dynan cranked up Bitgo Hobby as their US direct sales channel and went back on an agreement.

Dropping FMS and Eflite makes sense for Motion. Why market and sell your competitors product?

Motion is focusing on having a wide array of exclusive products that you cannot get elsewhere in the US.

Having said all that, I agree that Motion is overdue for a Flightline warbird release. My fingers are crossed for a 1.6-2m A-26 Invader someday soon.

Comment

My understanding is the opposite - Horizon pulled Eflite and FMS from Motion seeing them as a threat. Either way, new releases generate posts.

Comment

My understanding is the opposite - Horizon pulled Eflite and FMS from Motion seeing them as a threat. Either way, new releases generate posts.
          I had heard otherwise, but it could certainly be true.

However, that was was not the case with Dynam.

I like the fact that MRC is focusing on developing their own products.

If you can still get Dynam, Eflite and FMS elsewhere, I don't see much of a problem.

Comment

Good topic of discussion, ICM ! You're not alone. I'm confident we'll win back your forum browsing time, in time.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

You never lost it Alpha. I still check daily and often post. Matter of fact, I recently picked up a pristine Flightline P-38 from a local seller and this forum provided great info and lots of help in setting it up on my DX9.

Comment

Well then, I'll commit to even more of that goodness!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

Having said all that, I agree that Motion is overdue for a Flightline warbird release. My fingers are crossed for a 1.6-2m A-26 Invader someday soon.
                  you misspelled Avenger

Click image for larger version

Name:	v5svwupjvbzsmuxqhpfv.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	273928
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X