X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White tube glue that motion sends with kits

I did a search and couldn't find it. I really like the glue that comes in the white tube that motion sends with the kits. Does anyone know what it is and if I can buy it directly?

Thanks,

Chris

Anyone?

Comment

It's just contact adhesive. Try the link above.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
        https://www.amazon.com/Welder-Homax-...2038834&sr=8-2

It's just contact adhesive. Try the link above.
        Thanks. It doesn't say it works with foam and I found this review that a poor fellow RC'er left:

Not for epo foam
        By William Doering on April 28, 2019I bought this to use on an app foam rc airplane because I was told it would work on it.DO NOT USE THIS ON EPO FOAM it will melt it. Ruined my airplane
        Guess it is good for other stuff. see less

So yea. Anyone else? I'd rather not melt my 600 dollar jets. Is the white tube stuff they send the same as Beacon Foam Tac?

James do you know?

Comment

This is an easy one... Beacon Foam-Tac!

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
            This is an easy one... Beacon Foam-Tac!
            Thank you! I had a feeling it might be that!

Comment

Note that I don't actually know whats in those generic white tubes, but I do know that Foam-Tac is just about the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to bonding most plastics and/or foam.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think ridgerunner is saying that's what's in those tubes. I think he's just saying to use FoamTac. It's readily available and you don't have to know what's in those generic white tubes. I have a whole bag of those tubes that use from time to time when my FoamTac is running on empty. It keeps me going till I can get to the hobby store for more.

Comment

Originally posted by evensen007 View Post

Thanks. It doesn't say it works with foam and I found this review that a poor fellow RC'er left:

So yea. Anyone else? I'd rather not melt my 600 dollar jets. Is the white tube stuff they send the same as Beacon Foam Tac?

James do you know?
                  "Fellow RC'er" is wrong.

I've used Welder's for years on FW and FMS planes with no negative effects to the EPO (or EPP)...it's the same stuff as the goo in the tube. It might swell the foam beads if you use too much in one area, and by that I mean really saturate it, but so will the "goo" and you can see it on FWs installations of some parts where it's used heavily to insure a good joint.

Don't use it on EPS, it will melt that (i.e. the FW SU-35).

Comment

Working...
                  X