X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushrod Buckles vs Z-bend

Hey all, I'm looking to upgrade the pushrods and clevises on my Freewing Me-262 V2 and so far I know I'll at least be swapping the factory clevises with ball link clevises, but I just wanted to ask what the advantages and disadvantages of using a pushrod buckle at the servo horn, such as in many Freewing 90mm birds, than just a z-bend, like what comes stock. Thank you!

Off the top of my head, the z bend is going to be most secure. It isn't coming off.

The disadvantage is that the trailing end of the z bend may jot fit and dig into the model at full deflection.

The z bend would also require removing the entire rod from both the control horn and the servo to adjust the position on the servo arm.

Last thought is that it is easier to use buckle to make servo connection with less horizontal play where the rod connects to the servo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
      Off the top of my head, the z bend is going to be most secure. It isn't coming off.

The disadvantage is that the trailing end of the z bend may jot fit and dig into the model at full deflection.

The z bend would also require removing the entire rod from both the control horn and the servo to adjust the position on the servo arm.

Last thought is that it is easier to use buckle to make servo connection with less horizontal play where the rod connects to the servo.
      Alright. What do you typically prefer?

Comment

Working...
      X