X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with landing gear stuck down

Merry Christmas all, I've just replaced a landing gear strut in my e flite p51 1.5m but kept existing motor in only replacing the metal strut and after putting it all back together everything works including the landing gear doors but the motors controlling the two landing wheels will not retract. They don't seem to even be responding to the switch I've had designated to the landing gear sequence. As I haven't changed any plugs or changed anything on my transmitter I'm at a lost as to why its not working. Any help would be appreciated :)

I'd start with a servo tester and check the system starting at the retract, then work back to the lead coming out of the sequencer, then the lead coming out of the RX. Or you can do the reverse of these steps.

Comment

You may have to rebind, or check your channel assignments display and reset it.

Comment

An after-thought. You said that the gear doors work. When you replaced the metal strut, did you unplug the retract from the sequencer? Check to see if maybe you plugged them back in with the plug reversed.
        It's likely not anything to do with channel assign or binding. Since the gear doors work, that channel is still working. The gear channel goes into the sequencer, then out to the doors and retracts.

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s everyone. I ended up having a look at the circuit board for the retracts and it had a bit of black on if so I’m guessing a short. Put the whole new gear assembly on and threaded the new wire through the wing which I was dreading and all is working now. Feeling a bit more confident in my repair skills/rewiring now.

Comment

Working...
          X