X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum AR636a

I have 2 e flite sr22t planes can i swap the recievers, my new one the safe doesnt seem to work , it appears to initialize on start up but thats it and my old safe works fine. I read that recivers AR636a are programed speicifc to each plane but since its the same plane i shouldnt have to reprogam it should I?
    Any insite is appreciated .

If it's the same plane and the same version of plane, then yes, you can do it. As far as I know, there was only one version of the Cirrus. Just do what you should always do when you put a RX into a plane - check control throw directions, check gyro response direction and range check.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the SR22
      is it one where you need to bind a certain way in order to activate the SAFE feature?

Comment

Yes, it is. I would also suggest to the OP that he do a re-bind using the method that activates SAFE. IE, bind plug in, power up RX, wait for the blinky light, remove bind plug, turn on TX in bind mode at least 10 feet away, assign switch for SAFE.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. Much appreciated. This was my first time posting, great to know theres help out there for noobs like me.
          Has anyone had that problem with. AR636a where on start up it cycles through the control surfaces twice with pause in between but doesnt actually work?
          when i pick the plane up and move around nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Balsac1977 View Post
            Thanks for the feed back. Much appreciated. This was my first time posting, great to know theres help out there for noobs like me.
            Has anyone had that problem with. AR636a where on start up it cycles through the control surfaces twice with pause in between but doesnt actually work?
            when i pick the plane up and move around nothing happened.
            Haven't seen exactly that. All my "SAFE select" planes will do the control surface cycle but usually only once. "SAFE" can be seen in the control surface movement when you tilt the plane. The control surface will deflect and stay there when you leave it tilted. AS3X will ONLY activate after power up when you throttle up to at least about 1/3 throttle. Till then, there is no response. When it does respond, you can see the control surfaces move momentarily to counter the movement. You must make sure you do the correct steps to select a switch to control SAFE and AS3X.

Comment

I am using a 636 out of my last Icon in an Fms Mustang. Had roll oscillation at high speeds (wing waggle). Moved aileron pushrods to farthest hole to reduce gain and it quit. Could have also reduced travel in Xmtr probably.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD View Post
                I am using a 636 out of my last Icon in an Fms Mustang. Had roll oscillation at high speeds (wing waggle). Moved aileron pushrods to farthest hole to reduce gain and it quit. Could have also reduced travel in Xmtr probably.
                Did you try going into the RX and lowering the gain on the roll axis? Unless, the 636 from an Icon is locked.

Comment

Balsac1977 It sounds like you have safe enabled, if its cycling through the surfaces twice with a pause in between. My guess is that safe is assigned the gear channel and perhaps you need to try reversing the gear channel. I may be wrong but for certain I experienced the same thing and once I reversed my gear channel it worked. I then reassigned safe to a different switch it all worked as it should.

Comment

Working...
                  X