X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad transmitter?

hey guys flew f4u thismorn preflight ailerons were slow to respond all other good.... came good and flew.... landed safely.. got home expecting corsair prob but no hooked up mig 17 same it appears transmitter probably question can I spray a lube but electronic safe we call it crc on the electronic board i think the aileron stick etc don't no if I have the option of a transmitter recondition like u guys trans is 3 years old time to upgrade to spectrum.?? Or futaba will need all new receivers etc o boy thanx in advance

Hi team just to let u no spoke to some electronics people .... not necessarily rc.... they promptly told me to spray ,,, what they called circuit board cleaner ...... small amount into the tx well so far so good only time will tell, ,,,,,,,, it has alcohol to clean moving contact joints full aileron movement and speed again fly fly fly.
    cc

Comment

Interesting that the spray fixed your problem. It may only a temporary solution as something else is going on with the guts of your TX. I don't know much about Futaba, so can't say much about it. I've always used Spektrum and I've not seen the problem as you've described. 3 years is not really all that old for a TX unless you fly every day for long hours and even then, it's not what I consider excessive. The problem with going from Futaba to Spektrum is now you've got to replace your RXs. Could be an expensive proposition.

Comment

Viper ,my friend up the road was my help ,,, computer nut... I don't keep it in a box or cover like many,,, it was a bit dusty and I was nervous to blow it off.... he spayed it with his circuit board cleaner,, also in the sticks,, and gently dried with a little comp air..... clean now LOL.. may buy a box ,,,, to keep it in..... don't forget I'm using the dynam detrum ,, and only have 3 rx .... it has been good.... point being not bad time to change if I have too....... costs us a bit more oh well........ if u use futaba do u need to use their rx ,,, spectrum use their rx ( matching) ? Dsmx compatible not sure what that means ?? Thanx again viper 4 your interest ps mig gear good so far miss the gear doors . They just break if the gear collapses anyway.....

Comment

Good thing you only have a few RXs. I've got over 50 and to change now would be a horrible expense. I don't know about Futaba. I think JR and Spektrum are compatible, as are HobbyKing Orange. Take a look at stuff like Taranis and FrSky, can easily be made Spektrum compatible. You should research it before you buy. Horizon Hobby products (Eflite for example) are Spektrum and a big world of BNF planes opens up if you go that route.
          Spektrum protocols are DSM2, DSMX, DSMP and so on. It's the "language" they speak.

Comment

My first good corsair( non dynam ) was a bind n fly 1200 mm eflight Korean scheme (green stripes) nice but I'm nervous getting parts 4 e flight here....... hobby shops here want 1200 bucks for a e flight mig.... the red blue white one.... motion is easy.. I do it on my smart TV ... I can get a new mig 29 from motion for that.. and easy parts access

Comment

Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
              My first good corsair( non dynam ) was a bind n fly 1200 mm eflight Korean scheme (green stripes) nice but I'm nervous getting parts 4 e flight here....... hobby shops here want 1200 bucks for a e flight mig.... the red blue white one.... motion is easy.. I do it on my smart TV ... I can get a new mig 29 from motion for that.. and easy parts access
              Yeah, I've heard you guys get hosed on anything Horizon.

Comment

Working...
              X