X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral DSMX Receivers

Anyone having issues with the Admiral DSMX Receivers from motion RC? I own two of the receivers and one with the built-in gyro. They work well but during the flight there was always at least one or two times when I lose connection for a few seconds. I was able to solve the problem by using a satellite receiver on the non gyro receivers. Reliance still having the same issue with the admiral dsmx gyro receiver. Does anybody have any ideas? I really like the receivers they're good for the price but I don't want to risk losing any airplanes.

No solution for you, but do you know if pitch and roll control inputs work at all in constant Recovery mode

Comment

I've never trusted any of these Admiral or the Lemon equivalent that uses only those dual diversity antennas (two whiskers). Even when placed at 90 degrees to each other, I've had planes lose signal from time to time. I prefer to have the RXs that can accommodate a satellite - covers the "blind" spots better.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD View Post
        No solution for you, but do you know if pitch and roll control inputs work at all in constant Recovery mode
        I don't like "recovery" mode on these types of gyros. I've got the Lemon equivalent and in recovery mode, the sticks still work but the bank and pitch angles are limited, somewhat like the Spektrum SAFE but this feature on the Lemon (I think it's the same on the Admiral) isn't always reliable. I find it to be an "unstable" recovery. On things like the HobbyEagle, I advise to NOT use recovery as it can make the plane go crazy and take a dirt nap.
        It's easy enough to test .................. take the plane up high and switch to recovery and see if the sticks work or to even see if the plane behaves the way you hope it will. If it doesn't, be prepared to throw the switch back and fly it on your own.

Comment

I just crashed two planes because of signal loss .. a f-35 mini edf and a blue angel mini edf .. the receiver worked great on my first plane f-86 Sabre .. so I ended up buying 4 more , but I don’t trust anymore after the two crashes .. i did everything by the book , range check , control check etc like 4-5 times .. plane would fly strait and then all of sudden no controls , throttle would still be on , and I would have to wave my control to get the signal back , I had antennas outside of plane in 90degrees away from each other, there was nothing blocking them .. I really wanted these to work for me , i loved the easy setup .. I am scared to fly with them now ☹️

Comment

Working...
          X