X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Club compensation

Our club has a fee that I always pay on time. The club is aware of moles, but all that they do is place traps on on the ground.

A few months ago my 4 Star 90 landing gear got damaged because a un-labeled and without any type of notification, traps were placed on the runway.

The club is aware of the field conditions, and they refuse to use the roller with the excuse the ground is too hard.

Am tired of waiting and decided to fly the F16 and when landing it clipped one of the traps, to make it worst, black color, and no flag or label to distinguish from everything else. No official email was placed notifying more traps were placed, or a flag to mark where are the traps.

I pay club fees on time, and I expect the field to be ready year round and not partial field availability. Most, if not all members, do not care as they do not fly on the winter time. The field is left unattended, maintained from November until March.

Am demanding from the club, they need to pay for the F16 damages, or refund me for the months is unavailable from lack of maintenance.
    What I did not like, I notified the club treasurer about the accident and the request, (see attachment screenshot). He sent my text to someone from the club and wrote that I am nuts.
    ​​​
    Attached Files

Well I hope I don't step into a trap here LOL, but being a field marshal at our club my first question would be why do you think the field is only someone else's job? So what if you pay fees. Chip in and help get it done because if you wait for someone else then I guess you will be waiting a long time. We don't run the club for profit but for fun. Don't expect the same effort from the Club officers as they don't get much fun out of running the Club. Our officers are the hardest working guys in the Club so I guess that is why they are in charge. Enough said. Put the flags on yourself.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I understand about putting the flags, and no, you are not on a trap.

Then I will have to check for traps, the whole field everytime I go fly.

​​It has not happened once, but twice, and I already addressed it w the field member of be cautious with the traps, but then it happens again without notice or formal email.
      thread is not to get approval, but to hear both sides, your input is greatly appreciated, ty.

Comment

they asked for voluntary runway money and help to put the tarp.

I provided none, the F16 landing gear issue never worked as it should since then, and the parts are still out of stock, had to custom make the rods etc. The plane is on a shelf gathering dust.And from the day I had the mishap, some dirt got in the air channels which I over looked, destroyed the fan blades.

Comment

Working...
        X