Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Databreach?

Hi all,

I was informed from a well know security vendor (F-secure) that my credentials were leaked/hacked from this site. Can somebody explain this? or some people receive the same warning , please check your email on haveibeenpowned....i changed my password

regards
    Spit74

Sounds like a scam.
    is your social security number, banking information and birthdate on this site? If not don’t worry about it.

Comment

Scam. This happens at certain websites. They WANT you to “check” and then change your password. They have some way of seeing what you change it to. Don’t get sucked in. My personal information that I use on Internet forums, websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc, are all fake. Why would anyone these days, in their right mind use their real name, address, birthday. And if asked to give a phone number, I put down a “pay by the minute” phone number to a phone sex site.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Scam. This happens at certain websites. They WANT you to “check” and then change your password. They have some way of seeing what you change it to. Don’t get sucked in. My personal information that I use on Internet forums, websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc, are all fake. Why would anyone these days, in their right mind use their real name, address, birthday. And if asked to give a phone number, I put down a “pay by the minute” phone number to a phone sex site.
        Yes you are right what was leaked was mail adress and pw and no real name etc. But F-secure is a finnish company well known for their virus/protection software so it isn't fake. You have to be carefull indeed

Comment

I just got one of those from "Google" telling me to click on a link to go fix a data breach. The addy they used "looks" like it's from Google, but I'm not taking it seriously and I'm certainly not going to click on any links. I tagged it as JUNK.
          On a side note ..................... How do you know it's from the real F-secure? Maybe it's made out to look like it's from F-secure.

Comment

Working...
          X