X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find new/upcoming releases?

I'm sure there isn't a super easy answer for this, but where's the best way to find new planes that companies will be releasing? Do certain companies have different release cycles/is Spring in NA generally when they come out with new stuff, or closer to Christmas?

I'm thinking of buying a plane but would hate to see something I wanted more be released right after before Summer starts up. From what I've seen currently, a lot of companies just kind of randomly release something all of the sudden. Is there a part of this forum that covers upcoming planes?
    Nelson Hobbies on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3M...ljJd2Md45tOJsw

Hi ndrew3, good question amd you are right, there’s no easy answer . It’s been my experience that most companies keep this fairly close to their hearts and there have certainly been times when similar models from different manufacturers are released close together.

I tell you what though, just because we don’t know what’s coming next, doesn’t stop us having fun with a lot of guessing going on about what’s likely to come out! Alpha likes to give us something to chew on close to many of the next releases by giving us random cryptic poems to act as a clue....I’m still to decipher one of those.....

It does seem to have slowed a little with what’s going on in the world at the moment but there are still some new models being released. We must be due for something from Freewing/Flightline soon I reckon.

Keep an eye on the ‘what’s next Alpha’ thread for as good a guess as you will likely get.....or at the very least, you’ll have some fun while you wait .....

I’ve learnt to accept that you might as well buy what you want/can afford when you see it. It’s been said here before that it all get released eventually! E.g. I’ve been waiting for a nice scale, good size FW 190 for a good long while now and eflite have just released one!...it all comes around in the end .

Happy flying

Cheers
    Kurt

Comment

What you need to do is find a fortune teller with an accurate crystal ball. Manufacturers don't just "suddenly" release a new product. They do it that way on purpose so a competitor doesn't get the scoop on them. A new model can take upwards of 2 years in the planning, so "sudden" might not be a good term to use.
      MotionRC has a section on their website for "coming soon" products. Horizon Hobby has something like that except they don't categorize it as such. They and many others will set up "pre-orders" for stuff that may not show up for several months. Next is to keep up with stuff on internet forums such as this one to get all the "rumors" and posts from factory reps who might have a "slip of the tongue".
      You are not unique when you say you don't want to buy something only to discover that a better something comes out right after your purchase. That's just the nature of this hobby. It's not unlike buying a new computer. You want a deal? You want cheap? Then what you're buying is already old and nearly obsolete. Even the cutting edge, expensive stuff will be over shadowed in several months. You think the Iphone you just bought is the latest and greatest? Wait a few months for the Iphone?? I hear the next one will massage your arm and shine a light to whiten your teeth or sterilize that shopping cart before you touch it.

Comment

Working...
      X