X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEVIS

How do you measure which clevis you need for a particular pushrod? I'm trying to replace the clear see through clevis on my Arrows RC Bearcat with stronger ones. I tried some clevis for the Flightline 850mm Mustang. There hard to get on. After I force it on I could see pieces of the inside of the clevis coming out as I twist it on. It's like it's making new threads inside the clevis. It's really hard to turn. I can't even get it to the desire length to fit on the control horn.
    I see clevis being sold by the mm. But what are they measuring in mm?

Which part of it did you want to be stronger? Is it that little pin that goes through the hole in the control horn? Is it popping out or is it breaking off completely? As is stock, these should be strong enough to withstand normal use. If they are popping off or breaking when you hit the ground too hard, getting a "stronger" clevis isn't the answer.
    The pushrods and clevis assemblies that I see for your plane are some of the smaller ones I've seen. You might consider going to your local hobby shop and buying a beefier pushrod/clevis assembly. Make your own Z bend and you may have to drill out the hole in the control arm a little so the pin can fit. You can also buy complete pushrod/clevis assemblies from another plane that are bigger and stronger. Again, you can cut them down and make your own Z bend at the correct length.
    As time goes by and you go through more and more planes, you'll retire or disassemble wrecked planes. Save all those little parts for use in the future. I've got a box full of rods, clevises and control arms. You'll never know when something will come in handy one day.

Comment

The pin on the clevis that goes through the control horn to move the control horn back and forth. It's so fragile that you could easily break it by just assembling the plane before maiden.

Comment

Working...
      X