X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint and repairs

While dealing with a bit of runway induced hanger.rash from an inverted landing, I realized something that I would love to see companies like MotionRC adopt.

What I would like is the option under spare parts to buy matching paints. No more guess work, no more near miss scans at home Depot. Just the right paint and the right color.

I understand that this could complicate inventory, but I think I have a suggestion to mitigate this. Partner with, or acquire or start up and sell a paint company such as Vallejo or AK and use that paint when painting the models. Simple easy matching colors.

AS an added bonus, the entire line of colors would be there for those of us that do custom paint liveries and designs.

Same thing for the cars and tanks and boats.

Imagine.that.

Also I can 100% guarantee that I will buy a jar of each color with every model I buy. Guaranteed add on sales

I was thinking the same sort of thing the other day when doing touchups on my OV-10 canopy. I have a number of different "greens" and found of the ones I had that Vallejo 70.893 US Dark Green was the closest out of the bottle. A little yellow and white and I'm good. Would be nice to have a single published library of a baseline paint for each model. Either posted on each product page or a separate single page with all the models listed and their color reference. Maybe with Tamiya, Vallejo/AK line with mix ratios or single color.
    The way it is now you have to hunt and search through each individual model thread to find a reference of someone who has done the work to find an acceptable paint color.

What may work is to get an associate/exec. with MRC or a moderator with forum powers to start a page in the paint section so they can update the first page. When folks come up with acceptable color references the first page can be updated over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
      I was thinking the same sort of thing the other day when doing touchups on my OV-10 canopy. I have a number of different "greens" and found of the ones I had that Vallejo 70.893 US Dark Green was the closest out of the bottle. A little yellow and white and I'm good. Would be nice to have a single published library of a baseline paint for each model. Either posted on each product page or a separate single page with all the models listed and their color reference. Maybe with Tamiya, Vallejo/AK line with mix ratios or single color.
      The way it is now you have to hunt and search through each individual model thread to find a reference of someone who has done the work to find an acceptable paint color.

What may work is to get an associate/exec. with MRC or a moderator with forum powers to start a page in the paint section so they can update the first page. When folks come up with acceptable color references the first page can be updated over time.
      This would help, but what I'm asking for is that the brand and color of the actual paint used to paint the models be made available to us.

Comment

That would be good. From what has been discussed over the years it sounds like the actual paint is something specially produced and mixed in China just for MRC. For all we know the base for probably every paint in the world is produced in China and the merchant just tells them what colors and solids ratio they want.

Comment

Working...
        X