X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Weekend Score!!

I know.. I know.. "where's the rc airplane!?!" This was just a score I got from my son yesterday that I felt is fitting for those Warbird pilots and history buffs in general. My son runs a moving company and gets some sweet perks now and then. So he calls me and says to open the garage, "I've got a gift for ya." He backs up and I see this nice tools chest and was like "Sweet!" It's been sitting in their warehouse for a few years and then the owner passed on (may he r.i.p.). So then I find out it's still loaded with tools... even sweeter! Great score!! But then... As I'm going through what's what in the drawers, I find this rusted blade in a sheath stashed in the back. Well fk me runnin!.. it's a M1 Bayonet still in it's Scabbard!! I cleaned it up as gentle as possible. Removing as much rust build up as I could without harming to much. Then oiled it up with my gun storage oil and hung it with my Warbirds. From what I could research on it, it was made in Utica, NY by the Utica Cutlery Co., up until they were released from contract in 1944. What an awesome score just before Memorial Day.
    Have a safe Memorial Day while remembering those that gave all... salute
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing
Working...
X