Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR636 issues with Bluetooth and DX6i

Hello guys

I'm suffering big issues with my brand new Eflite Viper and my radio Spektrum Dx6i:

I wanted to swap the aileron and rudder channels, using the bluetooth programming module.
    I've managed only once to connect it to the phone app, and I did the swap.
    But now the receiver has lost its bind and there is no way to make it work.
    Also the bluetooth programmer again doesn't connect to the phone app. Horizon BLE is coupled with the phone but in the app it doesn't appear.

A strange behaviour is that if I power the receiver with the flight battery through the esc with the bind plug connected, it doesn't enter in bind mode if I don't push the receiver with a finger.
    On the other hand if i power it with a nimh battery through a random port it works immediately (though it still doesn't bind to the radio).

Did you have the same problems? Any solution?

I'm sorry quite a big post :D...but it is making me crazy. I would like to fly this beauty, but the receiver must obey...

Thanks

Why did you want to swap the aileron and rudder channels?

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      Why did you want to swap the aileron and rudder channels?
      I've done this when I was racing little quads. I kept cutting throttle in the turns so I switched the two channels. But I didn't do it in the receiver, I did it in the transmitter via channel assign. I didn't want to change modes and screw up all the other models.

I can't think of a reason to swap them in the receiver. Im guessing it is limitations in the DX6i transmitter?

Comment

It would seem that the Viper comes with an AR631. That being the case, where did the AR636 come from? The reason I ask is because I took a 636 out of a BNF plane and it was supposedly “locked”. However, using an old programming cable and smart phone APP, I was able to change some parameters ………………… ONCE. It then stopped working and would not talk to the APP again. Certain AR636 RXs were never meant to be changed. They can be updated and wiped clean and re-programmed from scratch.

Comment

Sorry for the late answer
          At the end I discovered that the throttle connector on the receiver was broken and that was causing the binding issues. The receiver received power intermittently. Changing the connector I’ve solved the issue.
          I’ve managed to connect the receiver to my ipad (it looks like it was having problem only with the android app) and to swap rudder and ailerons channel but the ailerons maximum throw is very small and I don’t know how to enlarge it.
          The reason for doing it is that i fly in mode 3.

However my main gear retracts stopped working, and I can’t understand why. I’ve dismounted them but it looks all ok.
          Finally I don’t know how to make gyro work.

Uff I can’t believe this plane comes out of the box with so many problems :D

Comment

Working...
          X