X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum smart technology upgrading

Hello 👋, I'm new to this forum but not entirely new to the hobby. I've been switching over all my ESC and Receivers to be smart compatible with my DX8GEN2. Everything has been good so far but I've run into a couple of issues.

Two of my planes are around 4 to 5 years old which are the Eflite P-47 and the Eflite Spitfire. I also have the Eflite P-51D which I got this year. The first two, after swapping out the old stock Esc's and Receivers and doing the AS3X setup using the forward programming and applying, the control surface servos seemed to go haywire, mainly the ailerons and elevator. They started vibrating, and wouldn't respond immediately to directional control. After the Servos seemed to snap out of it the controls seemed to work fine but occasionally they start vibrating again. The elevator servos seem to be most affected, and one of them did burn out and I could feel heat on the aileron servos. After switching out the burned out elevator servo, it worked with no issues, but the aileron servos continued to vibrate and sometimes lock up for bit until gaining control back. My P-51 which is practically brand new had no such issues like that.

I don't know if it's just that my servos are older or if there is a change in power output to the servos that they don't find agreeable. Or maybe I did something wrong?

Here's what I upgraded to...
    AR631 smart compatible receivers
    Avian 45 Amp smart Esc's

Thanks ahead of time.

There was a twitching.servo problem with certain older receivers that was fixed with firmware.update.

Make sure that both the receiver and transmitter.have latest updates.

Also the older planes may be running analog instead of digital servos. Make sure you are connected at 11ms.

​​​​​

Otherwise, not sure

Comment

Ended up replacing my old servos, they were over due anyways. No more twitching. But I still need to make sure my recievers have the latest update.

Comment

Working...
      X