X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motionrc shut customers down from ordering

right in the middle of our short RC season, motionRC shuts down the customers from ordering for a whole week! ... lol hoping to position themselves to more exposure. decisions like that mean only one thing. No choice but to empty the cartload and go to one of the numerous, and growing, outfitters that wont shut you down

How much warning did you need? It's been clearly announced for a very long time..

Also you can't wait couple of days to get the best?

Geesh

Comment

Seriously? They made a decision not to waste your time by taking orders they knew they couldn't fulfill for a 7 day period while they were moving and you think that's a bad idea? You do know that these guys are super efficient when processing an order. I've ordered stuff on a Saturday night and received it within 3 days. There's a ton of vendors out there, and Motion is smart enough to know they're not the only game in town, but if you want what they sell, you're gonna be buying from them. I regularly spend money with about 6 different RC vendors, MotionRC is always a good one to deal with. Grayson RC is also a vendor who kicks ass when it comes to shipping out orders quickly. Qudos to both.

Comment

Buffalo Man - Just moving to a new fulfillment center to better serve everyone. Hope you're being facetious

Comment

Uh, yeah weird that, with a couple of weeks notice, they are moving a warehouse full of items to a new location and can't find the time to sort and ship in the middle of it all. I'd rather preorder or backorder somewhat inferior products from somewhere else and wait a few months for it than deal with this garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            Buffalo Man - Just moving to a new fulfillment center to better serve everyone. Hope you're being facetious
            Facetious maybe, but most likely a spammer since the very first post after joining today is a loaded buffalo chip................. moderators on alert
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

LOL - to be fair, we knew we would be super busy with the move all week and we knew it would be impossible to fill orders with half of our inventory in one location and the other half of inventory in the old location. We also had to move all of our computers, servers, etc to the new location. All of that made it impossible to fill orders. We did not want to upset all of you with slow shipping so we made the tough decision to shut down ordering while we move. I know I would be upset if I ordered Saturday and my order shipped a week later. This way we can open the website and fill orders immediately as soon as we are settled in our new location. We were in all day Sunday shipping orders to make sure everything was shipped before the move. We're making progress. We've moved a lot already but we still have quite a bit to move. All planes, cars, boats, trucks, helis, and batteries have been moved but all the spare parts, furniture, and racking still need to move. We're on schedule and our team here is really working hard to make the move. Ultimately, the new location will allow us to fill your orders faster and serve all of you better.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Facetious maybe, but most likely a spammer since the very first post after joining today is a loaded buffalo chip................. moderators on alert
                But he DID take the time out of his oh, so busy day to register just to take a dump here. Likely unaware that Tinker Bell wasn't available with her magic wand to do such a tiny move with a wave. Buffalos have to go somewhere to make chips, assuming of course that he can dislodge that stick.

Comment

Warbird Charlie is threatening me with moderator action and making ignorant suggests lol. what a bunch of touchy and insulting people I find here. At the fields I fly at I find about 5% just like you, jerks with a fast idiotic response, and 95% great folks. I bet warbird charlie drives a jalopy. Grumpy old men and their unhappy adult youngsters lol, 5%. The rest I love it, you I laugh at

Comment

*Rolls Eyes*

Comment

A couple more days and we can get back to ordering nice planes and discussing them. And forget about guessing archetypes over the internet...🙄 Buffalo Man I don't know OV10/ Warbird Charlie personally but I read a lot on this forum, and what I have gleaned so far, he deserves my respect. My thoughts are, don't be so easily offended. You showed up posting about a known pause in ordering and shipping from a reputable company that happens to facilitate this forum but also takes somewhat of a humble hands off approach to what gets discussed, that's admirable. And from the sounds of your post you were sensationalizing it into some odd angle, for a first time post. So maybe phrase your concerns or questioning differently. It's a forum not a pulpit. With that, welcome to the forum. I have found experience is a great value worth respect. And personality is just part of the package. Take it or leave it.

Comment

Motion RC, unlike, say, Amazon, is a small retailer, without multiple warehouses offering redundant product storage. While in the midst of moving their warehouse, the products are not going to be in their "usual storage location." That means, the folks that pull the product and prepare it for shipping, aren't going to be able to just head to the shelf location and grab the merchandise. It's most likely going to be secured on a pallet, or stacked into the back of a truck, heading for its new shelf location in the new warehouse.

Imagine you're moving to a new home. A friend comes by and says, "Hey! Remember that book you told me about, and offered to loan to me? Can I get that from you now?"

That book is sealed in a cardboard box, stashed in the rental truck, under a number of other boxes, heading to your new home. Is it unreasonable, then, to ask your friend to wait until you get everything unpacked in the new home, before they borrow the book? Do you REALLY want to unpack all that stuff, just to dig the book out for them?

If there's an urgency for your order, then by all means, check elsewhere for it, but snarking about Motion for a planned, and announced, short-term business closure for moving, just seems petty. Motion has an excellent reputation for customer service, which is why so many of us like dealing with them, and why your original post received less than positive responses.

Comment

Hoomi hit the nail on the head, regarding product locations on the shelves. With 12,000+ products and growing, it is logistically impossible for our team to continue to unload containers and receive goods into inventory and ship goods, while still packing all of those said goods up to be transported to a new facility. A short pause is necessary. Doing it all in a week is no small feat, and choosing to not hold people's money is during that time, is, I think, commendable. It certainly is more transparent than the average e-commerce company would be, especially in times like this.

Growth is good, friends.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Alpha has been here helping us with the move. He's a product manager and moving a warehouse is not in his job description. That said, he's here and helping and amazingly he's in every day at 7am and does not leave before 11pm. It is a massive effort to move but a necessary one to serve all of you better. It is absolutely a hit to our bottom line to be closing down for a week but I'd rather take the cash flow hit than have unhappy customers. I'm looking forward to getting up and running again and I sincerely tank all of you for your patience!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Man View Post
                              Warbird Charlie is threatening me with moderator action and making ignorant suggests lol. what a bunch of touchy and insulting people I find here. At the fields I fly at I find about 5% just like you, jerks with a fast idiotic response, and 95% great folks. I bet warbird charlie drives a jalopy. Grumpy old men and their unhappy adult youngsters lol, 5%. The rest I love it, you I laugh at
                              Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

XViper you can eat that, you're no friend and you never will be. You're foul, and obviously quite limited, little one. I've seen folks with your attitude have to wear that stuff all over their face

Comment

Tom and Alpha Thanks for the great explanation. Makes perfect sense from a customer centered business model. Most company execs don't make the effort to keep their customers informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                    LOL - to be fair, we knew we would be super busy with the move all week and we knew it would be impossible to fill orders with half of our inventory in one location and the other half of inventory in the old location. We also had to move all of our computers, servers, etc to the new location. All of that made it impossible to fill orders. We did not want to upset all of you with slow shipping so we made the tough decision to shut down ordering while we move. I know I would be upset if I ordered Saturday and my order shipped a week later. This way we can open the website and fill orders immediately as soon as we are settled in our new location. We were in all day Sunday shipping orders to make sure everything was shipped before the move. We're making progress. We've moved a lot already but we still have quite a bit to move. All planes, cars, boats, trucks, helis, and batteries have been moved but all the spare parts, furniture, and racking still need to move. We're on schedule and our team here is really working hard to make the move. Ultimately, the new location will allow us to fill your orders faster and serve all of you better.

Nice response thank you. No offense intended here. We impulse buyers buy instantly after a comprehensive yet fast review, like I do with real estate and fast boats, no diff. If its not available when your interest peaks high enough to pull the trigger to buy, you rarely ever go back. Too much product out there to get stuck, and with tremendous marketing behind them all, someone else grabs the deal. I know you know this

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Man View Post
                                      XViper you can eat that, you're no friend and you never will be. You're foul, and obviously quite limited, little one. I've seen folks with your attitude have to wear that stuff all over their face
                                      Thank GAWD! I was afraid someone the likes of you would want to be my friend. I'm foul to the foul. Limited? If you say so. You must know me so well. You think you've been around? I've seen people like you all my life. They make entertainment for the rest of society. You'd need a lot of ketchup to even get near your mouth what I've had to eat. You're an impatient, spoiled little brat who expects the world to bow at your feet and do everything you want them to do and when you don't get things your way, you have a ginormous hissy fit. Your first post proved that for everyone to see.

Comment

Can we please stop bothering this poor man who took time out of his busy schedule "snapping up real estate and fast boats on an impulse" to school us all on the error in economics and logistics of moving your whole business lock, stock and barrel in just a week?
                                        Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Working...
                                        X