Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplane recomendations from the forum?

I have been thinking about adding a new biplane to my fleet, and am having a hard time between the FMS Henschel, PT-17, StaggerWing, or the Dynam Waco. I know FMS also has a Waco, but the yellow is currently sold out at Motion RC. The Dynam has a significantly larger wingspan of 50" over the 3 FMS planes, and I am wondering if it might fly a bit smoother? Does anyone out there have experience with any of these, and what would you recommend?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Re: Biplane recomendations from the forum?

I will let others weigh in on their experiences with these planes, but just wanted you to know that the Yellow Waco will be back in stock in less than one week.

Mark

Comment

Hi Loneflier this is Ryan. Biplanes! There are so many good ones where do we begin? If I may dig in a little and ask you a few questions. What kind of field conditions ie grass, or paved do you have available and what would you say your experience level is? Best way to answer the experience question is to tell me what is in your hangar now and what you've been flying.

I have flown all of the biplanes you have mentioned except the Dynam Waco. Here's my breakdown.
      I'll start with batt compartment. The HS-123 will only receive a 1800 3s pack and no larger, space is at a premium. The HS-123 has flaps and plenty of power and is a total eye catcher.

FMS Waco awesome flying plane. Batt compartment is much like the 123 but can fit a 2200 if you use a shoe horn. 1800's are fine and fly the plane well. Again very fun plane and looks great. Our yellow Waco will be back in stock in a week.

Staggerwing. Here we have an excellent flying bipe with retracts and flaps. The battery compartment is huge. No fuss getting in there. We fly this one with both 1800's and 2200's

Last but definitely not least. The FMS PT-17 Stearman. This one is my favorite at the moment. It looks and feels and flies much like our Waco however the battery compartment is located on the bottom which makes for a very quick and easy batt swap. We fly this with both 2200's and 1800's. I prefer the 1800's when it is calm and the 2200's when there are winds. The 17 flies like a much larger airplane and has a very tough landing gear along with over the top scale fidelity. The Stearman, the Waco, and Staggerwing all have an extra hatch to access the tail servos. This is nice for centering servo arms and such. The 123 servos needs to be centered before wings go on. All of these come with optional flying wires with the exception of the 123 which does not.

One biplane that is not on your list but flies amazing is our big FMS Pitts. When I first flew one it was a maiden flight for someone else. Of course it is a stunt plane but on a maiden i set it up for minimum control surface deflection and was amazed at her gentle flight character. I was expecting a beast knowing what it's capable of however just sport flying and taking it easy was a blast and it really settles in beautifully on approach. The size makes it a great grass field flyer too.

Hope this helps.

Standing by,
      Ryan

PS Check out our Motion RC youtube channel to see vids of these biplanes in action...

Comment

PLEASE, would someone produce a Curtiss P6E Hawk?!! A beautiful bipe.

Comment

X-Originating-IP: [216.186.173.60]
          X-Mailer: Zimbra 7.1.4_GA_2555 (ZimbraWebClient - [unknown] (Win)/7.1.4_GA_2555)
          X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP: 64.8.71.112
          X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: rich121@knology.net
          X-SA-Exim-Scanned: No (on joe.nabble.com); SAEximRunCond expanded to false

------=_Part_11201012_862908198.1383082872928

Hello Ryan,=20

I fly off of a grass field, but it is mowed pretty close, and usually isn't=
          a problem for my other planes, including the ParkZone Albatross. This was =
          a sod farm at one time, but now is just several acres of open grass area =
          =C2=A0with a soccer field on it as well. The grass on the soccer field is k=
          ept very short. I have been flying for just under 2 years now and would say=
          I am probably at the intermediate level. I have several 1100mm warbirds in=
          cluding a Corsair, F6F, and Mustang, a couple of aerobatic sport planes, Mi=
          llennium Master and Akrowot, as well as the Albatross and several micro pla=
          nes, mostly Parkzone. I have also flown the Freewing F9F EDF Panther. Also =
          several Durafly, which I recently found out on your forum are mostly FMS. T=
          hese include the Monocoupe and the Retro Series Pioneer. All these I can fl=
          y with no issues, providing the wind isn't much more than 10mph. The only p=
          lane I have ever gotten that I just could not keep in the air was the 800mm=
          FMS Skyraider. On take off, it immediately torqued to the left and even wi=
          th full right aileron it would not straighten out unless the power was back=
          ed off to about 1/2 throttle. I have taken the 4 blade prop off, and replac=
          ed with a 2 blade prop (8x7), but haven't tried to fly it again.=20

I really like all the biplanes mentioned, and am pretty torn between the He=
          nschel and the PT-17. With the battery compartment issues, and the fact I a=
          m on a grass field, maybe the PT would be the way to go. I had not consider=
          ed the Pitts, and will look at it closely too now. The main reason I consid=
          ered the Dynam is the larger size, and I have had positive experience with =
          Dynam in the past. I have watched your videos on these and all look impress=
          ive. You guys make it look easy, especially with the aforementioned FMS Sky=
          raider!=20

So, I guess it kind of comes down to which of these will likely handle a gr=
          ass field best? As for features like flaps, I can see how they might help o=
          n short landings, but my experience with the Albatross is that the extra dr=
          ag of two wings really slows them down pretty quickly anyway once you power=
          down. The only planes I have with flaps that I am currently flying=C2=A0ar=
          e the Flyzone Corvalis,and ParkZone Stinson Reliant . (Yes, I know, too man=
          y planes. It is a sickness and I think I am terminal!! Ha!)=20

Thanks again for the reply, I look forward to your recommendations now that=
          I have tried to answer your questions.=20

Rich=20

----- Original Message -----

From: "Ryan@Motion/ryramZ [via Motion RC Community Forum]" <ml-node+s107561=
          0n1036h91@n5.nabble.com>=20
          To: "Loneflier" <rich121@knology.net>=20
          Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:44:45 PM=20
          Subject: Re: Biplane recomendations from the forum?=20

Hi Loneflier this is Ryan. Biplanes! There are so many good ones where do w=
          e begin? If I may dig in a little and ask you a few questions. What kind of=
          field conditions ie grass, or paved do you have available and what would y=
          ou say your experience level is? Best way to answer the experience question=
          is to tell me what is in your hangar now and what you've been flying.=20

I have flown all of the biplanes you have mentioned except the Dynam Waco. =
          Here's my breakdown.=20
          I'll start with batt compartment. The HS-123 will only receive a 1800 3s pa=
          ck and no larger, space is at a premium. The HS-123 has flaps and plenty of=
          power and is a total eye catcher.=20

FMS Waco awesome flying plane. Batt compartment is much like the 123 but ca=
          n fit a 2200 if you use a shoe horn. 1800's are fine and fly the plane well=
          . Again very fun plane and looks great. Our yellow Waco will be back in sto=
          ck in a week.=20

Staggerwing. Here we have an excellent flying bipe with retracts and flaps.=
          The battery compartment is huge. No fuss getting in there. We fly this one=
          with both 1800's and 2200's=20

Last but definitely not least. The FMS PT-17 Stearman. This one is my favor=
          ite at the moment. It looks and feels and flies much like our Waco however =
          the battery compartment is located on the bottom which makes for a very qui=
          ck and easy batt swap. We fly this with both 2200's and 1800's. I prefer th=
          e 1800's when it is calm and the 2200's when there are winds. The 17 flies =
          like a much larger airplane and has a very tough landing gear along with ov=
          er the top scale fidelity. The Stearman, the Waco, and Staggerwing all have=
          an extra hatch to access the tail servos. This is nice for centering servo=
          arms and such. The 123 servos needs to be centered before wings go on. All=
          of these come with optional flying wires with the exception of the 123 whi=
          ch does not.=20

One biplane that is not on your list but flies amazing is our big FMS Pitts=
          . When I first flew one it was a maiden flight for someone else. Of course =
          it is a stunt plane but on a maiden i set it up for minimum control surface=
          deflection and was amazed at her gentle flight character. I was expecting =
          a beast knowing what it's capable of =C2=A0however just sport flying and ta=
          king it easy was a blast and it really settles in beautifully on approach. =
          The size makes it a great grass field flyer too.=20

Hope this helps.=20

Standing by,=20
          Ryan=20

PS Check out our Motion RC youtube channel to see vids of these biplanes in=
          action...=20

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion be=
          low: http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/Biplane-recomen=
          dations-from-the-forum-tp1025p1036.html=20
          To unsubscribe from Biplane recomendations from the forum?, click here .=20
          NAML=20

------=_Part_11201012_862908198.1383082872928

<html><head><style type=3D'text/css'>p { margin: 0; }</style></head><body><=
          div style=3D'font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif; font-size: =
          12pt; color: #000000'><P>Hello Ryan,</P>
          <P>&nbsp;</P>
          <P>I fly off of a grass field, but it is mowed pretty close, and usually is=
          n't a problem for my other planes, including the ParkZone Albatross. This w=
          as a sod farm at one time, but now is just several acres of open grass area=
          &nbsp;with a soccer field on it as well. The grass on the soccer field is k=
          ept very short. I have been flying for just under 2 years now and would say=
          I am probably at the intermediate level. I have several 1100mm warbirds in=
          cluding a Corsair, F6F, and Mustang, a couple of aerobatic sport planes, Mi=
          llennium Master and Akrowot, as well as the Albatross and several micro pla=
          nes, mostly Parkzone. I have also flown the Freewing F9F EDF Panther. Also =
          several Durafly, which I recently found out on your forum are mostly FMS. T=
          hese include the Monocoupe and the Retro Series Pioneer. All these I can fl=
          y with no issues, providing the wind isn't much more than 10mph. The only p=
          lane I have ever gotten that I just could not keep in the air was the 800mm=
          FMS Skyraider. On take off, it immediately torqued to the left and even wi=
          th full right aileron it would not straighten out unless the power was back=
          ed off to about 1/2 throttle. I have taken the 4 blade prop off, and replac=
          ed with a 2 blade prop (8x7), but haven't tried to fly it again. </P>
          <P>&nbsp;</P>
          <P>I really like all the biplanes mentioned, and am pretty torn between the=
          Henschel and the PT-17. With the battery compartment issues, and the fact =
          I am on a grass field, maybe the PT would be the way to go. I had not consi=
          dered the Pitts, and will look at it closely too now. The main reason I con=
          sidered the Dynam is the larger size, and I have had positive experience wi=
          th Dynam in the past. I have watched your videos on these and all look impr=
          essive. You guys make it look easy, especially with the aforementioned FMS =
          Skyraider! </P>
          <P>&nbsp;</P>
          <P>So, I guess it kind of comes down to which of these will likely handle a=
          grass field best? As for features like flaps, I can see how they might hel=
          p on short landings, but my experience with the Albatross is that the extra=
          drag of two wings really slows them down pretty quickly anyway once you po=
          wer down. The only planes I have with flaps that I am currently flying&nbsp=
          ;are the Flyzone Corvalis,and ParkZone Stinson Reliant. (Yes, I know, too m=
          any planes. It is a sickness and I think I am terminal!! Ha!) </P>
          <P>&nbsp;</P>
          <P>Thanks again for the reply, I look forward to your recommendations now t=
          hat I have tried to answer your questions.</P>
          <P>&nbsp;</P>
          <P>Rich<BR><BR></P>
          <P>
          <HR id=3Dzwchr>
          </P>
          <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; FON=
          T-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000; FONT-STYLE: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none"><=
          B>From: </B>"Ryan@Motion/ryramZ [via Motion RC Community Forum]" &lt;ml-nod=
          e+s1075610n1036h91@n5.nabble.com&gt;<BR>To: "Loneflier" &lt;rich121@=
          knology.net&gt;<BR>Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:44:45 PM<BR>=
          Subject:
          Re: Biplane recomendations from the forum?<BR><BR>Hi Loneflier=
          this is Ryan. Biplanes! There are so many good ones where do we begin? If =
          I may dig in a little and ask you a few questions. What kind of field condi=
          tions ie grass, or paved do you have available and what would you say your =
          experience level is? Best way to answer the experience question is to tell =
          me what is in your hangar now and what you've been flying. <BR><BR>I have f=
          lown all of the biplanes you have mentioned except the Dynam Waco. Here's m=
          y breakdown. <BR>I'll start with batt compartment. The HS-123 will only rec=
          eive a 1800 3s pack and no larger, space is at a premium. The HS-123 has fl=
          aps and plenty of power and is a total eye catcher. <BR><BR>FMS Waco awesom=
          e flying plane. Batt compartment is much like the 123 but can fit a 2200 if=
          you use a shoe horn. 1800's are fine and fly the plane well. Again very fu=
          n plane and looks great. Our yellow Waco will be back in stock in a week. <=
          BR><BR>Staggerwing. Here we have an excellent flying bipe with retracts and=
          flaps. The battery compartment is huge. No fuss getting in there. We fly t=
          his one with both 1800's and 2200's <BR><BR>Last but definitely not least. =
          The FMS PT-17 Stearman. This one is my favorite at the moment. It looks and=
          feels and flies much like our Waco however the battery compartment is loca=
          ted on the bottom which makes for a very quick and easy batt swap. We fly t=
          his with both 2200's and 1800's. I prefer the 1800's when it is calm and th=
          e 2200's when there are winds. The 17 flies like a much larger airplane and=
          has a very tough landing gear along with over the top scale fidelity. The =
          Stearman, the Waco, and Staggerwing all have an extra hatch to access the t=
          ail servos. This is nice for centering servo arms and such. The 123 servos =
          needs to be centered before wings go on. All of these come with optional fl=
          ying wires with the exception of the 123 which does not. <BR><BR>One biplan=
          e that is not on your list but flies amazing is our big FMS Pitts. When I f=
          irst flew one it was a maiden flight for someone else. Of course it is a st=
          unt plane but on a maiden i set it up for minimum control surface deflectio=
          n and was amazed at her gentle flight character. I was expecting a beast kn=
          owing what it's capable of &nbsp;however just sport flying and taking it ea=
          sy was a blast and it really settles in beautifully on approach. The size m=
          akes it a great grass field flyer too. <BR><BR>Hope this helps. <BR><BR>Sta=
          nding by, <BR>Ryan <BR><BR>PS Check out our Motion RC youtube channel to se=
          e vids of these biplanes in action... <BR><BR><BR>
          <HR SIZE=3D1 noShade>

<DIV style=3D"COLOR: #444; FONT: 12px tahoma,geneva,helvetica,arial,sans-se=
          rif">
          <DIV style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">If you reply to this email, your message w=
          ill be added to the discussion below:</DIV><A href=3D"http://motion-rc-comm=
          unity-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/Biplane-recomendations-from-the-forum-tp1=
          025p1036.html" target=3D_blank>http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.=
          nabble.com/Biplane-recomendations-from-the-forum-tp1025p1036.html</A> </DIV=
          >
          <DIV style=3D"COLOR: #666; FONT: 11px/1.5em tahoma,geneva,helvetica,arial,s=
          ans-serif; MARGIN-TOP: 0.4em">To unsubscribe from Biplane recomendations fr=
          om the forum?, <A href=3D"http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabbl=
          e.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=3Dunsubscribe_by_code&amp;no de=3D1025&=
          amp;code=3DcmljaDEyMUBrbm9sb2d5Lm5ldHwxMDI1fDgxNjI 3Mjg1Ng=3D=3D" target=3D_=
          blank>click here</A>.<BR><A style=3D"FONT: 9px serif" href=3D"http://motion=
          -rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=3D=
          macro_viewer&amp;id=3Dinstant_html%21nabble%3Aemai l.naml&amp;base=3Dnabble.=
          naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nab=
          ble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumb s=3Dnotify_subscribers%21=
          nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email=
          %21nabble%3Aemail.naml" rel=3Dnofollow target=3D_blank>NAML</A> </DIV></DIV=
          ><BR></div></body></html>
          ----

Comment

Hello Ryan,

I fly off of a grass field, but it is mowed pretty close, and usually isn't a problem for my other planes, including the ParkZone Albatross. This was a sod farm at one time, but now is just several acres of open grass area with a soccer field on it as well. The grass on the soccer field is kept very short. I have been flying for just under 2 years now and would say I am probably at the intermediate level. I have several 1100mm warbirds including a Corsair, F6F, and Mustang, a couple of aerobatic sport planes, Millennium Master and Akrowot, as well as the Albatross and several micro planes, mostly Parkzone. I have also flown the Freewing F9F EDF Panther. Also several Durafly, which I recently found out on your forum are mostly FMS. These include the Monocoupe and the Retro Series Pioneer. All these I can fly with no issues, providing the wind isn't much more than 10mph. The only plane I have ever gotten that I just could not keep in the air was the 800mm FMS Skyraider. On take off, it immediately torqued to the left and even with full right aileron it would not straighten out unless the power was backed off to about 1/2 throttle. I have taken the 4 blade prop off, and replaced with a 2 blade prop (8x7), but haven't tried to fly it again.

I really like all the biplanes mentioned, and am pretty torn between the Henschel and the PT-17. With the battery compartment issues, and the fact I am on a grass field, maybe the PT would be the way to go. I had not considered the Pitts, and will look at it closely too now. The main reason I considered the Dynam is the larger size, and I have had positive experience with Dynam in the past. I have watched your videos on these and all look impressive. You guys make it look easy, especially with the aforementioned FMS Skyraider!

So, I guess it kind of comes down to which of these will likely handle a grass field best? As for features like flaps, I can see how they might help on short landings, but my experience with the Albatross is that the extra drag of two wings really slows them down pretty quickly anyway once you power down. The only planes I have with flaps that I am currently flying are the Flyzone Corvalis,and ParkZone Stinson Reliant. (Yes, I know, too many planes. It is a sickness and I think I am terminal!! Ha!)

Sorry for the long response, but wanted to make sure I answered your questions.

Comment

Hi loneflyer I can only speak to the FMS Waco (yellow) that I received from Motion a couple months ago along with the v-tail. The Waco flew true with no trimming needed and takes off from a grass athletic field with no problems as long as right rudder is used. for some reason it seems to handle grass better than my DHC-2 that has 3" tundra tires on it. The Waco lands easily as long as minimal power is used. the only issue has been some vibration even though I balanced the prop, the prop doesn't fit the adapter/motor front very well and has some side to side movement before the retaining nut is tightened. I have been in RC for around 30 years and would recommend the FMS Waco based on my experiences.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions and inputs, MN.Flyer. All of the FMS biplanes look great, and the Waco is no exception. I do like the classic lines and color scheme of the Waco. I have found that most of my planes will handle grass fine on the take off, but on landings they will touch down nicely on the mains, roll for a foot or two, then tip over on the nose, regardless of up elevator. If I can get them to land on the soccer field, which does have shorter grass, then most of the time, they will just roll out. The problem is that the field lies North and South, and the winds are typically out of the West here, so I have to land crosswise on the field. Thanks again for the inputs, hope you can get some flying in over the winter there in MN!!

Comment

I'm flying every chance I get right now but I think the season is just about over for me, typical MN. winter weather just isn't conductive to fun flying!

Comment

not sure if you already made a decision on bi plane but i have the waco by dynam yes it is larger but there is a problem with that model the spars are fiberglas but the part they attach to in wing is very brittle plastic they break if you look at them funny total bad design and just tighten the tiny bolts with nut and they break all the joiner broke not one of the 8 points did not break i called nitro and there poicy is to tell you that its your problem and will not even send any of the replacment parts which are the same yellow plastic strips that glue into wing there is a metal attachment to fuse but that alone will not support wing i ended up using hot glue to encapulate the points were the fiberglass spar connects to the plastic wing mount so that is the dynam waco in a nut shell the repair works but does not look good gibs of hot glue on wing connection .
                    now if you want a real bi plane get the fms beechcraft staggerwing that is a great plane i have had no problem with it and it has retracts and flips also the fms pitts bi plane is awesome it is very large and flys like and angel with all the power youll ever need and do not let size fool you its a ***** cat and i'm not a great pilot and thats my story and i'm sticking to it
                    This is Capt. Smoke still flying high in Colorado over and out

Comment

Capt. Smoke-Thanks for the reply and information on the Dynam Waco. I have not yet purchased a biplane yet, planning on doing that this coming weekend. I was actually leaning that way since it is a good bit less expensive, and larger, plus my experience with Dynam has been pretty positive. However, I really like that PT-17, and I also noticed on the FMS page that the new Waco they are selling is an 1100mm version, which fits really well in the back of my car. Of course, that Staggerwing is pretty sweet too, just not sure about retracts on the grass field where I fly. I asked my LHS about these, but even though they carry FMS, he has not been able to get any of these yet, so it looks like I will be ordering from MRC very soon! Thanks again for the inputs.

Comment

I have the FMS PT-17 and fly from a grass field with no issues. It is a neat little plane. In fact, if I could change anything about it, it would be to get it closer to 1300-1400 mm.

That said, as it is, it is great for just tossing in the back seat and taking out to fly on the spur of the moment.

https://vimeo.com/72044710

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,

Really nice video of your FMS PT-17 in action! Thanks for sharing. I think this is the one I am going to go with on my order. I love the Waco too, but the blue and yellow scheme on the PT-17 is really classic. I may eventually get the Henschel 123 too since it is a very unusual plane, and I think it would be a fun flyer.

Comment

As much as I hate to say anything negative about Motion, and it's not their fault...it's Dynam's. I have the Dynam Waco from another distributor and it is a wonderful flying bird. If you check the RCG thread for it, you will not find one negative comment. All that own it say it is one if not the most favorite plane they own. Sorry Tom! I emailed Dynam to try and get them to have Motion as a distributor!

Comment

X-Originating-IP: [216.186.173.60]
                              X-Mailer: Zimbra 7.1.4_GA_2555 (ZimbraWebClient - [unknown] (Win)/7.1.4_GA_2555)
                              X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP: 64.8.71.118
                              X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: rich121@knology.net
                              X-SA-Exim-Scanned: No (on joe.nabble.com); SAEximRunCond expanded to false

------=_Part_16635770_1552259353.1383945612749

Thanks Alan- I appreciate your response and update on the Dynam Waco. As I mentioned earlier, I have several Dynam planes including the Texan, PBY Catalina, GeeBee Sportster, and all are excellent fliers. I really do wish that Motion would or could carry the Dynam line. I don't have nearly as much experience with FMS, other than some from the HK Durafly line, and they seem to be solid fliers as well. Especially the Monocoupe. Very nice flying plane. Right now, I am torn between the Henschel and the PT-17. I have a call into Motion to talk to them about a couple of questions regarding grass fields and general flight characteristics, so we will see what they say.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Alan Bycroft [via Motion RC Community Forum]" <ml-node+s1075610n1121h26@n5.nabble.com>
                              To: "Loneflier" <rich121@knology.net>
                              Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:17:08 PM
                              Subject: Re: Biplane recomendations from the forum?

As much as I hate to say anything negative about Motion, and it's not their fault...it's Dynam's. I have the Dynam Waco from another distributor and it is a wonderful flying bird. If you check the RCG thread for it, you will not find one negative comment. All that own it say it is one if not the most favorite plane they own. Sorry Tom! I emailed Dynam to try and get them to have Motion as a distributor!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/Biplane-recomendations-from-the-forum-tp1025p1121.html
                              To unsubscribe from Biplane recomendations from the forum?, click here .
                              NAML

------=_Part_16635770_1552259353.1383945612749

<html><head><style type='text/css'>p { margin: 0; }</style></head><body><div style='font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000'><P>Thanks Alan- I appreciate your response and update on the Dynam Waco. As I mentioned earlier, I have several Dynam planes including the Texan, PBY Catalina, GeeBee Sportster, and all are excellent fliers. I really do wish that Motion would or could carry the Dynam line. I don't have nearly as much experience with FMS, other than some from the HK Durafly line, and they seem to be solid fliers as well. Especially the Monocoupe. Very nice flying plane. Right now, I am torn between the Henschel and the PT-17. I have a call into Motion to talk to them about a couple of questions regarding grass fields and general flight characteristics, so we will see what they say. <BR></P>
                              <P>
                              <HR id=zwchr>
                              </P>
                              <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000; FONT-STYLE: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none">From: "Alan Bycroft [via Motion RC Community Forum]" &lt;ml-node+s1075610n1121h26@n5.nabble.com&gt;<BR>To: "Loneflier" &lt;rich121@knology.net&gt;<BR>Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:17:08 PM<BR>Subject: Re: Biplane recomendations from the forum?<BR><BR>As much as I hate to say anything negative about Motion, and it's not their fault...it's Dynam's. I have the Dynam Waco from another distributor and it is a wonderful flying bird. If you check the RCG thread for it, you will not find one negative comment. All that own it say it is one if not the most favorite plane they own. Sorry Tom! I emailed Dynam to try and get them to have Motion as a distributor! <BR><BR>
                              <HR SIZE=1 noShade>

<DIV style="COLOR: #444; FONT: 12px tahoma,geneva,helvetica,arial,sans-serif">
                              <DIV style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:</DIV>http://motion-rc-community-forum.107...1025p1121.html </DIV>
                              <DIV style="COLOR: #666; FONT: 11px/1.5em tahoma,geneva,helvetica,arial,sans-serif; MARGIN-TOP: 0.4em">To unsubscribe from Biplane recomendations from the forum?, click here.<BR><A style="FONT: 9px serif" href="http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&amp;id=instant_ html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base=nabble.naml.na mespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcr umbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml" rel=nofollow target=_blank>NAML</A> </DIV></DIV><BR></div></body></html>
                              ----

Comment

Well, I have a new FMS PT-17 on the way now. After talking to the guys at MRC, and listening to their recommendations, it sounds like the PT will handle the grass a bit better. If the quality and flight of the PT are impressive, I will very likely have to get the Henschel too! I will update this after I receive the plan and after the maiden flight. Thanks to all for their suggestions and help!

Comment

The PT-17 arrived last night via UPS in excellent condition. No dents or dings on the outer box, and a quick review of the plane itself looks really good. I am anxious to get her together and try her out. If she flies as good as she looks, the Henschel 123 could be the next purchase, or possibly a step up to one of the 1400mm warbirds. Love the Zero, and the P51B. Guess I will do some research to see which does better on a grass runway. That Dauntless looks pretty sweet too, but not sure how Freewing compares to FMS. Thanks again to all and I will update this after my first flight with the PT-17.

Comment

You will love the Stearman. As for the Zero or Mustang I'll say both fly amazingly. They can perform with ease any typical warbird style aerobatics. As far as grass handling I urge you to watch our 1450mm Red Tail Mustang and Dallas Darling video and see for yourself. In my opinion the mustangs handle grass better hands down. Never a sign of noseover. See for yourself. Best of luck. Any hiccups let us know.

Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuhmsPLl1fk

Comment

Working...
                                    X