X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFE on AUX1

I'm not really finding my answer on the forums. Some seem to have gotten over the challenge I'm describing, but it is not clear to me how they did it. I have a DX9 with Forward Programming. Here is my question in simple terms: I have the left aileron plugged into the AILERON slot on the receiver (AR630) and the right aileron plugged into AUX1. SAFE works great on the left aileron. How do I get SAFE to also work on the right aileron (AUX1)? (I don't want to use a 'Y' because I'll be applying future configurations). Thanks.

Did you declare "wing type" (ie, 2 AIL) in the TX or did you tell the RX what you have? If you did it in the TX, the RX doesn't know what you're trying to do. Did you keep the wing type in the TX as "normal" wing/tail (ie, 1 AIL) and tell the RX that you have "2 AIL"?

Comment

Yes, I told the TX that I had 2 Ail. in "wing type". I have "Forward Programming" on my DX9 but I don't see any way to program the RX other than SAFE/AS3X. How is that done? Will programming the RX give me SAFE on AUX1 (where I have the right aileron plugged in)? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MonDrew View Post
        Yes, I told the TX that I had 2 Ail. in "wing type". I have "Forward Programming" on my DX9 but I don't see any way to program the RX other than SAFE/AS3X. How is that done? Will programming the RX give me SAFE on AUX1 (where I have the right aileron plugged in)? Thanks.
        This is where you went wrong. The TX must be told you have "1 AIL". It's in the RX that you must tell it that you are hooked up to separate ailerons in order to make the gyro work on both. There may not be a way to actually declare it as "2 AIL" in the RX but there is a way to tell it that you have 2 separated ailerons. Doing it the way you did it, the RX thinks you have 1 AIL (Y'd) together in the AIL port and 1 flap (Y'd together) in the flap port (AUX1). This is the way with any gyro. It's within the gyro that you must designate that you have separated things. This is no different than if you had elevons or V-tail or delta when using a gyro. The TX is always "1 AIL, normal tail".
        I'm not sure about finding it in forward programming. You may need to do it via an APP or PC hook up.

Comment

Ah, I see; thanks! Makes sense to me now. OK, will research how to program the receiver. Appreciate your help!

Comment

Working...
          X