Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fly in Cody WY

please disregard this post, need to rework some photos

Please disregard this post. Need to rework the photos.

Comment

I'll retry to send a few pics from today's Fun Fly in Cody, WY Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1629adjusted.jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	326219Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1641.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	326220Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1669Dan p40.jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	326222Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1649adjsuted.jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	326223

Comment

Some shots I took today at the Fun Fly hosted by the Wyoming Sagebrush Hoppers in Cody, WY. Lots of fun.

Comment

Sorry I missed out!! I know at least a few of the billings guys got down..

Was it a good turn out? The pictures you added look good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1612.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	326266Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1689adjusted.jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	326257Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1654.jpgadjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	326258Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1695.jpgadjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	326259Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM1659reduced.jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	326260
            Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
            Sorry I missed out!! I know at least a few of the billings guys got down..

Was it a good turn out? The pictures you added look good.
            Yes, it looked to be a really good turn out for a fun fly, and I think Billings was well represented by some guys that one of our club members pointed out to me. I think there were some others who came from outside of the Cody area, too. They should be able to get another day of flying in today before they strike the tents. Thanks to everyone in the Billings area and elsewhere who supported this fun event!

Comment

Glad it turned out to be a good Event!

Cheers

Comment

I got to see your field in Billings last December when I was up there for a few weeks for some medical work. Very impressive facility! I brought a plane up with me to fly, but the winds were a bit more than I wanted to risk the plane in. Maybe next summer I can make it up there at one of your events.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

Great pics Dave, love the shots of my P40, the take off one looks like he's taking off on a mission from Burma. Unfortunately, after six years of faithful service, La Patrona, my F7F Tigercat augured in. She took off great, did a turn around to the backside of the pattern with gear up when this loud bang happened and she was into the ground. The nacelle let go and the prop chewed the fuse up. Ironic thing is that it was the nacelle that never gave me any problems, the other one I had to chop the nose ring off and epoxy the motor mount to keep it in place. Looks like a joint/ seam failure that runs horizontally at 3 and 6 o'clock on the nacelle. I'll miss the old Gal, but what do you do?
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5573.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	326440Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5574.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.3 KB ID:	326441Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5575.JPG Views:	0 Size:	204.0 KB ID:	326442Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5576.JPG Views:	0 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	326443Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5577.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.4 KB ID:	326444Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5578.JPG Views:	0 Size:	196.2 KB ID:	326445Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5579.JPG Views:	0 Size:	219.9 KB ID:	326446Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5581.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.6 KB ID:	326447
                  My RV8 buried behind the big boys, it was orange day!
                  The P-40 parked beside Chris' 1200 E flite P 51. This guy is a natural pilot, been flying for four months and whips that Mustang around like a pro. Had a great turnout and the weather was in the 70's, just perfect.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Great pics Dave, love the shots of my P40, the take off one looks like he's taking off on a mission from Burma. Unfortunately, after six years of faithful service, La Patrona, my F7F Tigercat augured in. She took off great, did a turn around to the backside of the pattern with gear up when this loud bang happened and she was into the ground. The nacelle let go and the prop chewed the fuse up. Ironic thing is that it was the nacelle that never gave me any problems, the other one I had to chop the nose ring off and epoxy the motor mount to keep it in place. Looks like a joint/ seam failure that runs horizontally at 3 and 6 o'clock on the nacelle. I'll miss the old Gal, but what do you do?
                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5573.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	326440Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5574.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.3 KB ID:	326441Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5575.JPG Views:	0 Size:	204.0 KB ID:	326442Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5576.JPG Views:	0 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	326443Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5577.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.4 KB ID:	326444Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5578.JPG Views:	0 Size:	196.2 KB ID:	326445Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5579.JPG Views:	0 Size:	219.9 KB ID:	326446Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5581.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.6 KB ID:	326447
                    My RV8 buried behind the big boys, it was orange day!
                    The P-40 parked beside Chris' 1200 E flite P 51. This guy is a natural pilot, been flying for four months and whips that Mustang around like a pro. Had a great turnout and the weather was in the 70's, just perfect.

Grossman56
                    Hi Dan: bummer about your Tigercat, sometimes that stuff just happens, I guess. Years ago I had the 1700 mm FMS P-51D. Flew it for years, and then on one fateful takeoff, it got maybe 50 feet in the air under full power when the motor mounts just let go and the motor went sailing ahead of the airplane, and without a motor now, it went in and was pretty much destroyed. I got a lot of great flights on that plane, though, so I wasn't totally bummed out when I lost it.

Good pics of the flightline you took that I did not cover with my camera. It was a very good turnout for an October Fun Fly, so that is good on all the planners for the event, plus of course all the folks who traveled from Montana and elsewhere to attend, besides all the locals who showed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X