Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F6F Hellcat 1.2m, or 1.5m in foam

Hi all
    I really wish Flightline would produce a F6F in foam. Decals for US Navy, and USMC. think they would sale well.

Originally posted by Mack truck View Post
    Hi all
    I really wish Flightline would produce a F6F in foam. Decals for US Navy, and USMC. think they would sale well.
    I totally agree! I used to have one, maybe a FMS, can't remember now. But it was great, and had a fully retracting tailwheel like the real planes. I'll keep my fingers crossed too that they come up with one someday soon!👍

Comment

Originally posted by davegee View Post

I totally agree! I used to have one, maybe a FMS, can't remember now. But it was great, and had a fully retracting tailwheel like the real planes. I'll keep my fingers crossed too that they come up with one someday soon!👍
      Yepper, it was the FMS that had the retracting tail gear. I still have mine and have been annually throwing a plea out there for a 1600 FL version.
      Its hard to believe that it has been almost 5 years since FMS discontinued the Hellcat and no one has made (the Dynam don't count) a replacement of this iconic warbird.
      It is such a fantastic flying airframe and FL already has rotating gear from the Corsair that will work but just need some side plate reinforcement.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Yepper, it was the FMS that had the retracting tail gear. I still have mine and have been annually throwing a plea out there for a 1600 FL version.
        Its hard to believe that it has been almost 5 years since FMS discontinued the Hellcat and no one has made (the Dynam don't count) a replacement of this iconic warbird.
        It is such a fantastic flying airframe and FL already has rotating gear from the Corsair that will work but just need some side plate reinforcement.
        Yes, I had the Dynam first, did some experiments with a retractable tailhook on it. On the Grumman plane, the hook had to come out all the way though a hole in the back of the fuse, and then angle down about 70 degrees, or so. Worked ok, it was just eye candy for low passes before retracting it and landing. I don't think I tried that on the FMS, for some reason. Did the same on other planes like the F-14.

My FMS Hellcat never crashed, but I think it just wore out after awhile, and eventually got thrown out. I flew it a ton! Great plane, easy to fly, easy to land. I, too, hope they come up with a bigger version of this great aircraft someday.

davegee

Comment

Hopefully some of the higher-ups at Motion will see this and take note!!!!! I try to sow a seed every time I talk to them. Most of the time it's Tim that answers me.

Comment

Hey, it still can happen they have balsa and foam versions of both the Corsair and OV10. So why not?

Comment

I'd be all in on a 1400 - 1500mm Hellcat.

Comment

I just did a maiden flight on a garage find FMS 1400mm Hellcat that an older gentleman bought and assembled 9 years ago but was too scared to fly it. Great plane.

Comment

It was one of my favorite planes, wish they would bring it back

Comment

Working...
                  X