X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dx6e and safe select switch

i have the dx6e and bound it to my eflite p-51 mustang 1.5m . set my safe select switch to channel 5/gear and it worked fine,gear down=safe on ,gear up= safe off.
    i also have the eflite fw-190a 1.5m and did everything the same, but gear down = safe off, gear up = safe on. tried reversing gear switch and same result .
    I tried rebinding and resetting safe select switch with the gear up and same results then tried to redo it with gear down and same results always ends up safe select off when gear is down ,has anyone else had this happen if so how can i fix this?

If I were in your situation, I would assign SAFE SELECT to a different switch. It's not really wise to assign SAFE to a switch that is used by something else. You may think you must have a 2-position switch but this is not the case. In all my planes with SAFE SELECT, I've got it assigned to a free switch, which happens to be a 3-position switch. You simply don't stop in the middle position. Leave the gear switch solely for the gear. On your DX6e, you've got such a switch just in front of the gear switch, switch B, I believe. Why don't you use that?

Comment

XVIPER, I'm sorry but you could have just said you don't know. If we had an extra channel we would assign safe to that switch. On the DX6 we only have 6 channels (Thr, Ele, Ail, Rudd, Gear, Flaps). We just simply want a "get outta jail free" card in hairy situations. Yanking the gear out to find auto-stabilization could help save our planes as we push our limits. We know that assigning SAFe to an already-in-use channel isn't the best idea, we are making due with what we have.

I would really like to hear more ideas on this problem. I have the same issue. Even in the this article by "The RC Geek" he states you could use safe on gear switch. However, just can' find any more info on how to reverse gear and safe when gear down == no safe and gear up == safe mode. It is really weird and there should be a simple fix assumably.

Comment

get a new radio.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceCityCowboy88 View Post
          XVIPER, I'm sorry but you could have just said you don't know. If we had an extra channel we would assign safe to that switch. On the DX6 we only have 6 channels (Thr, Ele, Ail, Rudd, Gear, Flaps). We just simply want a "get outta jail free" card in hairy situations. Yanking the gear out to find auto-stabilization could help save our planes as we push our limits. We know that assigning SAFe to an already-in-use channel isn't the best idea, we are making due with what we have.

I would really like to hear more ideas on this problem. I have the same issue. Even in the this article by "The RC Geek" he states you could use safe on gear switch. However, just can' find any more info on how to reverse gear and safe when gear down == no safe and gear up == safe mode. It is really weird and there should be a simple fix assumably.
          But I DO know. However, with that attitude and disrespectful tone, you're on your own. Good Bye. (Another for the ignore list.)

Comment

Balsac1977 I will PM you some answers/options.

Comment

What if you set it with flaps instead, reassign the channels so ch5 operates the flaps, and then when you have flaps down also you will have safe active? Then just have your standard gear switch run the gear unimpeded on ch6. Is that a possible option with this radio?

Comment

Working...
              X