X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple esc

Hi everyone so I’m looking for some help. So I bought a b17 that runs 4 escs connecting to 2 batt connections and I don’t know if I should run 2 batts or if I can run one battery any help would be greatly appreciated

It doesn't really matter. Do whatever makes the best choice for you. HobbyKing's C-130 has 4 ESCs all run off a single battery, as does their Lancaster. Flightline's B-24 has 4 ESCs run off 2 batteries. I have a VTOL with 4 EDFs running off a single battery. What's more convenient for you and what makes you feel most at ease?

Comment

What you could do is run 2 packs with a parallel adapter to both sides. This is how I run most of my multi motor setups. Mostly because I'm a bit paranoid about drawing too much current from a single battery. Also if you have one battery crap out mid flight you won't loose just one side or the other. Especially if you're pulling the wings off. If you're keeping the plane together, you could run inboards on one pack and outboards on the second pack. My who thought process is to have maximum assurance of equal thrust on both sides of a multi motor system.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        What you could do is run 2 packs with a parallel adapter to both sides. This is how I run most of my multi motor setups. Mostly because I'm a bit paranoid about drawing too much current from a single battery. Also if you have one battery crap out mid flight you won't loose just one side or the other. Especially if you're pulling the wings off. If you're keeping the plane together, you could run inboards on one pack and outboards on the second pack. My who thought process is to have maximum assurance of equal thrust on both sides of a multi motor system.
        Right on RM
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
        X