X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efla10100ec5 pro switch mode

Im trying to figure out why I have to trim my throttle down to get my edf to stop rotating. I have throttle cut working correctly, set at -130 when on. WhenAWhen I turn tc off it will start up at a low speed with stick all way down. Then a have to run my trim down to around 50 for it to stop or either turn on rc. Any ideas?

Did you do a throttle calibration? That's the first thing you do after you bind the RX.

Comment

nott sure how this is done with this ESC. Not the normal , up stick, wait for tones, drop the stick, doesn't work for this ESC. any ideas

Comment

Does the ESC manual say anything about calibration? If it doesn't then, the only thing left to do is to set the throttle trim so that the motor starts a couple of "clicks" from the bottom, then set the throttle cut to below that. Check the monitor to see if max throttle can be achieved (take prop off).

Comment

OK, a little more digging and I now realize that efla10100ec5 is NOT the name of this ESC. That's the product code. It's an "Eflite" 100A ESC.
          Had you said that to begin with, it would have been easier to come up with an answer. As with many of the Eflite ESCs, there is NO throttle calibration needed. Any plane that comes with these ESCs will have in their manuals the proper procedure to arm these things the first time. You lower BOTH the throttle and the throttle trim to the bottom, THEN you plug in the flight batter WITH the bind plug installed. Once it's bound, the throttle is pretty much calibrated. Remove bind plug (if the RX uses one), then IF DESIRED, you can raised the throttle trim to where the motor starts, then back off a few clicks. Some Eflite ESCs don't like being armed for the first time with the throttle trim in the neutral position.

Comment

Working...
          X