X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with LiPo battery

I have the following problem. I got a Drone and wanted to shorten the battery cable. The battery is a 2200mAh 3s lipo. So I got a soldering iron and well and started. But due to haste when I went to cut the cables, instead of cutting the black first to do the welding and then the same with the red, I caught both together to cut them so that it makes a circuit (the cables may have touched between them as I pressed them to cut them) and throw sparks. After I did the soldering when I went to measure the battery it showed 0 volts. Logically, the battery greeted us for times without the possibility of a reset. But what worries me is what caused the damage.
    A) It was caused by the Huh short circuit (most common scenario and most likely)
    the
    B) it was caused by the temperature from the soldering iron, which until the well sticks, raises high temperatures in the cables, as a result of which this temperature passes to the cells and they break down ???
    Has something similar happened to anyone ??
    Thanks in advance

You shorted it out. That's how we kill old batteries when we're outside in an open area free from fire hazards. It's not the recommended way due to the sparking but it's fast and it's "exciting" to see. We make sure to wear leather gloves and have insulated handles on the cutters. Should you ever hook up the battery the wrong way to the ESC, you will likely also kill the ESC and possibly start a fire. Shorting out any electrical component is a very bad thing.
    Batteries are manufactured by heat soldering, so nothing to do with that.

Comment

Working...
    X